Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Touring 2WD
47 Posts
Pirelli has a new version of their Scorpion AS tire called the Scorpion All Season Plus 3. So new the local Discount Tire store had not heard of them but they are on their website.. I ordered four and will have them installed Monday. The closest ones they found to San Diego were in Oklahoma!
BTW- The Scorpion line is their SUV/Light truck series. They have Scorpion and Scorpion Verde. You can got to Pirelli.com for information. Though after reading the info, I still do not quite understand the difference. I do like what they have to say about the Scorpion AS Plus 3 being an all new tire in regards to compound, tread pattern, comfort, noise, etc. 70k warranty
So I put the all new, brand new Scorpion AS-Plus 3, 265/50 (not 45) keeping 20 inch rims. Just today and I must state that I noticed instant stability in both ride quality & braking. I feel the new Scorpion All Season Plus-3 makes Passport a much much much better SUV! For people having second thoughts or buyer remorse, just change the damn OEM Continental Trash LX Sport to new higher quality Michelin or Pirelli...with slightly higher profile 265/50 at 20 inches (worth exploring: 275/50 at 20 in) or 245/60 at 18 inches. You get a new car :) LOL LOL

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Touring 2WD
47 Posts
I got the latest, released in May 2021 from Pirelli - Scorpion AS Plus-3 which is different from Verde. Also I got 265/50 changed from 265/45 while keeping the same 20 inch wheel rims. Tire Sizing calculator below was immensely helpful and now I can work for Tire company!!! lol lol...after reading so much about them. New Scorpion Tires instantly make your Passport whole new Car!!! Those having second thoughts/buyer remorse, just change the damn Continental Trash LX Sport to new Michelin or Pirelli with slightly higher profile. Your will get a NEW SUV feel :) lol lol...

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hard to compare “quietness” on tires near the end of their life and brand new tires. Brand new Walmart tires would likely be quieter based on having full tread. Our Pilot had the Conti and at the end they were getting louder. We traded it for new RDX and I’ll expect the same as these tires get to the end.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I replaced the Contis at only 12k miles. Not because of noise but because I wanted to switch 18" wheels. I thought the OEM Contis were pretty quiet. But the new Pirelli Scorpion Plus 3 tires (265-60-18) are noticeably quieter.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts