Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the new wheels and tires put on.

265 60 R18

Baaaaarely any rub at full lock. Fully confident with some sand paper or a heat gun I can make it go away. Either that or if the tires wear down at all, even a little, it鈥檒l go away. Ride is super smooth and road noise is noticeable but negligible. Love how the combo turned out.

Registered
Love it!

Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
Those look great!

2019 Touring: since March-2019
Has anyone been able to decipher the custom license plate meaning yet?

Super Moderator

Super Moderator
Take me to the trees - - I 馃挌 THAT! 馃尣馃尣
The Redlands between SJ and 1/2 moon bay was my first fun road trip after getting my Passport.

Where are your favorite spots?

Registered
Looks awesome! Can you tell me what tire/wheel combination that is?

Reactions: RimsRyd

Registered
Wheel/Tire combo looks Great!!!

I thought the plate was some sort of Audi TT-RS reference!! Oh well...wasn't close.

But I also like that CA black plate - looks so good with Modern Steel.

Registered
Take me to the trees - - I 馃挌 THAT! 馃尣馃尣
The Redlands between SJ and 1/2 moon bay was my first fun road trip after getting my Passport.

Where are your favorite spots?

View attachment 11242
Haven鈥檛 road-tripped the PP yet, but the first place will probably be the Mount Baker hwy EAST 542 (those that know, know).

If you live in Washington state and have never been up there, you should. Before you go check the web to see if the hwy is open all the way to the top parking lot. Once you reach the ski resort there is still three more miles to go and those last three miles feel like you鈥檙e in the Alps, not to mention the views of Mt Shuksan, Mount Baker and the surrounding mountain is amazin.

If you鈥檝e ever seen the cult classic movie Deer Hunter scenes from the movie were filmed within feet of the parking lot. It is the same location that the World Record yearly snowfall was, during the 1998-99 season it snow 1140鈥/95鈥 in one ski season. If you should ever go skiing/boarding there pay attention to the ski lift poles and you鈥檒l see that during that snowfall year they went around and painted a white line with 鈥98-鈥99 stenciled indicating the snow depth. The craziest part is how much lower a typical snow depth is from the record year.

Several locations on the mtn the ski patrollers were hand digging the chairs out, in some areas they literally dug 10鈥 of the pole/chairs out.

Registered
Haven鈥檛 road-tripped the PP yet, but the first place will probably be the Mount Baker hwy EAST 542 (those that know, know).

If you live in Washington state and have never been up there, you should. Before you go check the web to see if the hwy is open all the way to the top parking lot. Once you reach the ski resort there is still three more miles to go and those last three miles feel like you鈥檙e in the Alps, not to mention the views of Mt Shuksan, Mount Baker and the surrounding mountain is amazin.

If you鈥檝e ever seen the cult classic movie Deer Hunter scenes from the movie were filmed within feet of the parking lot. It is the same location that the World Record yearly snowfall was, during the 1998-99 season it snow 1140鈥/95鈥 in one ski season. If you should ever go skiing/boarding there pay attention to the ski lift poles and you鈥檒l see that during that snowfall year they went around and painted a white line with 鈥98-鈥99 stenciled indicating the snow depth. The craziest part is how much lower a typical snow depth is from the record year.

Several locations on the mtn the ski patrollers were hand digging the chairs out, in some areas they literally dug 10鈥 of the pole/chairs out.

Lake Virginia in the Eastern Sierra a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone experienced any sluggishness at higher elevations? Once we hit about 9500鈥 it started & got worse as we climbed to 10,300鈥 Got better on the descent at about 8000鈥.

Registered
Looks good! Glad to know about the fitment and rubbing... Great looking setup!

I had 255/65R18's put on today - a little taller and a little narrower than yours. I'd tried 265/60R18's and the brand I got was the same or shorter than stock height. 馃檮

1 - 20 of 31 Posts