Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new Passport Touring today. Black Crystal Pearl with black leather interior. Never thought I wanted a black vehicle, but with all the black plastic trim I like how it doesn't show so much with a black vehicle. Now the fun begins keeping it clean. Traded in a 2018 Chevy Equinox, which after a year of ownership didn't turn out to be the vehicle I thought or hoped it would be. I previously owned a 2017 Ridgeline, so it's good to be back in a Honda. I shopped via internet a half dozen or so Oregon dealers. Several wouldn't budge off MSRP. Others use the internet price offer as a come-on to "give us a call, let's deal". The local dealer immediately offered a $3,245 discount, and ended up giving us a fair price on my trade in. I also got all-weather mats and cargo cover included in the deal.
In my many years of buying new cars, I've never had such a smooth, friendly, no pressure experience. Even the finance guy didn't hard-sell us on the extra stuff. In fact he said "you don't really want these things", I agreed.

Reactions: DavidCSmithDP

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,897 Posts
Welcome & Congrats, did you get AWD? I'm thinking you might need it in Oregon, but I'm not sure since this is the first AWD vehicle I have ever owned. Glad to hear you sale went smoothly.
Interesting that you traded in a 2018 vehicle, but not totally surprising since it was a Chevy.

I rented a brand new Equinox a couple years ago to go camping in and shortly after getting it, the electronics went crazy, every time I activated the turn signal the rear wiper came on, then ALL the electric door locks stayed locked and I had to open the driver door and the reach thru and manually open the doors, it was a real POS..

Also funny is the new Chevy commercials where the show fake Honda/Lexus/Toyota owners so happy saying "I switched to Chevy", yeah right....lol

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I said after having it for nearly a year my wife and I agreed it wasn't the vehicle we could be happy with in the long term. It was the top of the line Premier model with the 2.0 Turbo. Problems included a bumpy ride, almost like the tires were out of balance. I had them checked, they were ok. Nav system is a joke, worst one I've ever used. Last week with the push button start if had problems starting for several days, cranked for 5 or 6 seconds before finally starting. Took it to the dealer, "can't duplicate, no problem found". I was concerned I'd get stuck with a no start situation somewhere.

Oh well, that's all behind me now.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Congrats on the BLACK Passport Touring!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Congrats! Sure are a lot of CBP buyers around here!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congrats from another happy Touring owner!

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Moment? I live it daily, My Senior moments have turned into my happy place ?

Reactions: SoundsGood

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got my new Passport Touring today. Black Crystal Pearl with black leather interior. Never thought I wanted a black vehicle, but with all the black plastic trim I like how it doesn't show so much with a black vehicle. Now the fun begins keeping it clean. Traded in a 2018 Chevy Equinox, which after a year of ownership didn't turn out to be the vehicle I thought or hoped it would be. I previously owned a 2017 Ridgeline, so it's good to be back in a Honda. I shopped via internet a half dozen or so Oregon dealers. Several wouldn't budge off MSRP. Others use the internet price offer as a come-on to "give us a call, let's deal". The local dealer immediately offered a $3,245 discount, and ended up giving us a fair price on my trade in. I also got all-weather mats and cargo cover included in the deal.
In my many years of buying new cars, I've never had such a smooth, friendly, no pressure experience. Even the finance guy didn't hard-sell us on the extra stuff. In fact he said "you don't really want these things", I agreed.
Did the dealer review the "Car Wash Mode" with you ?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did the dealer review the "Car Wash Mode" with you ?
No but I never run my cars through an automatic car wash so I'm not concerned with that feature.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,897 Posts
No but I never run my cars through an automatic car wash so I'm not concerned with that feature.

Same here, my 85 Prelude, both of my Beemers and my Passport (of two years) ALL NEVER went thru a commercial car wash...!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
2,095 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts