Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new Passport Touring today. Black Crystal Pearl with black leather interior. Never thought I wanted a black vehicle, but with all the black plastic trim I like how it doesn't show so much with a black vehicle. Now the fun begins keeping it clean. Traded in a 2018 Chevy Equinox, which after a year of ownership didn't turn out to be the vehicle I thought or hoped it would be. I previously owned a 2017 Ridgeline, so it's good to be back in a Honda. I shopped via internet a half dozen or so Oregon dealers. Several wouldn't budge off MSRP. Others use the internet price offer as a come-on to "give us a call, let's deal". The local dealer immediately offered a $3,245 discount, and ended up giving us a fair price on my trade in. I also got all-weather mats and cargo cover included in the deal.
In my many years of buying new cars, I've never had such a smooth, friendly, no pressure experience. Even the finance guy didn't hard-sell us on the extra stuff. In fact he said "you don't really want these things", I agreed.

Reactions: DavidCSmithDP

·
Super Moderator
2,313 Posts
Welcome & Congrats, did you get AWD? I'm thinking you might need it in Oregon, but I'm not sure since this is the first AWD vehicle I have ever owned. Glad to hear you sale went smoothly.
Interesting that you traded in a 2018 vehicle, but not totally surprising since it was a Chevy.

I rented a brand new Equinox a couple years ago to go camping in and shortly after getting it, the electronics went crazy, every time I activated the turn signal the rear wiper came on, then ALL the electric door locks stayed locked and I had to open the driver door and the reach thru and manually open the doors, it was a real POS..

Also funny is the new Chevy commercials where the show fake Honda/Lexus/Toyota owners so happy saying "I switched to Chevy", yeah right....lol

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I said after having it for nearly a year my wife and I agreed it wasn't the vehicle we could be happy with in the long term. It was the top of the line Premier model with the 2.0 Turbo. Problems included a bumpy ride, almost like the tires were out of balance. I had them checked, they were ok. Nav system is a joke, worst one I've ever used. Last week with the push button start if had problems starting for several days, cranked for 5 or 6 seconds before finally starting. Took it to the dealer, "can't duplicate, no problem found". I was concerned I'd get stuck with a no start situation somewhere.

Oh well, that's all behind me now.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Congrats on the BLACK Passport Touring!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Congrats! Sure are a lot of CBP buyers around here!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congrats from another happy Touring owner!

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Moment? I live it daily, My Senior moments have turned into my happy place ?

Reactions: SoundsGood
1 - 10 of 10 Posts