Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just traded my 2015 Honda Fit for a 2019 Passport EX-L FWD. I had been in love with the Passport when they first introduced it and had just been waiting for the end of year discounts. Couldn't turn down the end of October discounts they had. It was about the price of the Forester Sport I had been cross shopping. While I like the size of the Forester better, I just couldn't turn down the sweet V6 in the Passport. When I went to test drive it I looked at it at first and asked the salesman if he was sure this was an EX-L and not a Touring. Sure enough I looked at the window sticker as well as noticed no roof rails and the no piano black dash. So I got an EX-L with the touring wheels at no charge. Can anyone think of any reason why they would have Touring wheels on an EX-L? I am not complaining just curious. Anyway, so far I am loving my Passport
Passport.jpeg

·
Registered
589 Posts
I heard that someone buying a black touring wanted the glossy black rims on a sport, so the dealer swapped them. I don't know if the buyer had to pay extra to get the glossy blacks on his touring, but the guy buying the sport got a nice upgrade, like you got.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I believe Touring and EXL get the gunmetal wheels, Elite and Sport have black wheels

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe Touring and EXL get the gunmetal wheels, Elite and Sport have black wheels

Yep, they do have those colors but the Elite and Touring have a solid 5 spoke wheel that are actually 20x8.5 with 265/45/20 tires. The Sport and EXL have 20x8 wheels with 245/50/20 tires. At least that is what I understood from this post.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard that someone buying a black touring wanted the glossy black rims on a sport, so the dealer swapped them. I don't know if the buyer had to pay extra to get the glossy blacks on his touring, but the guy buying the sport got a nice upgrade, like you got.

That actually makes sense. I'll bet you are right

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah, most likely the dealer swapped them for someone. I guess I’m in the minority in that I actually prefer the ExL wheels over the others. Congrats on the new ride though!

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
428 Posts
Welcome and I hope your PP serves you well!

Reactions: Passportwrx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, most likely the dealer swapped them for someone. I guess I’m in the minority in that I actually prefer the ExL wheels over the others. Congrats on the new ride though!
Yep, that was it. My salesman texted me and said one of the employees bought a new Touring but liked the EX-L wheels better and swapped them. To be honest I like the black Sport wheels the best. I never even thought to ask to swap them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts