Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport EX-L Modern Steel Metallic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! We have driven Honda’s for years now … Accord, Element and Civic. My husband purchased the Passport for me a couple weeks ago and I love it! It’s taking a bit getting accustomed to driving such a big vehicle, at 4’11” the changes are significant. I’ve read countless posts here and have found lots of great info!

Would like to share the PedalMates pedal extenders are a benefit for anyone else short in stature.

I’m not 100% comfortable with the power of my PP yet, taking daily drives to help with the transition. Having a difficult time deciding on whether or not to use Econ Mode consistently. We live in the city so daily driving includes highways and traffic. I’m concerned about not having the power needed to accelerate quickly in and out of traffic with Econ Mode on, but without it, the power is still a bit much. Any input, suggestions welcomed 😊

·
Registered
216 Posts
I must say this is the first post of this type I've seen. :) A lot of us are always looking for "a little more power".

I think you just may have to endure a little adjustment period. The Passport is no pig, but it's not a Porsche Cayenne, either.

You'll be in your comfort zone in no time.

'See you at the Winternationals!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Hopefully I’ll be comfortable quickly and want more power 😁
Appreciate the vote of confidence ! 😊

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,539 Posts
Congratulations on your new Passport!
And at just 5’ tall…I highly suggest the running boards!

Reactions: 21PP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, hopefully running boards will be added soon! I’ve looked at both Honda options and I think die cast is the route I want to go.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,110 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and the great color choice...!

Reactions: 21PP

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring
68 Posts
Congratulations on your new Passport!
And at just 5’ tall…I highly suggest the running boards!
Yes running are a must, I’m only 5’7” and I’m afraid that dragging my but over the seat will eventually wear it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes running are a must, I’m only 5’7” and I’m afraid that dragging my but over the seat will eventually wear it out.
Same! I am confident it is quite comical watching me get in and out as I try not to drag my but across the seat 😂

·
Registered
251 Posts
I must say this is the first post of this type I've seen. :) A lot of us are always looking for "a little more power".

I think you just may have to endure a little adjustment period. The Passport is no pig, but it's not a Porsche Cayenne, either.

You'll be in your comfort zone in no time.

'See you at the Winternationals!
I thought her statement "I'm not 100% comfortable with the power of my PP yet" was hilarious :LOL: :LOL:
I went into acceleration withdrawls after going from my BMW X3 M40i crossover to a Passport.
I now have to be more careful pulling out into traffic, getting up to speed entering the interstate and especially passing another vehicle on a two way highway. But...performance is not why I purchased a Passport tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought her statement "I'm not 100% comfortable with the power of my PP yet" was hilarious :LOL: :LOL:
I went into acceleration withdrawls after going from my BMW X3 M40i crossover to a Passport.
I now have to be more careful pulling out into traffic, getting up to speed entering the interstate and especially passing another vehicle on a two way highway. But...performance is not why I purchased a Passport tank.
My husband has had a good laugh at (with) me too ! 😂😂 I was the primary driver of our 2010 Civic, not any power in that compared to the PP / “tank” 😂 The V6 engine and height difference = much power for me 😁

·
Registered
216 Posts
Try this to talk yourself down from the ledge:

Even though the engine's power in the Passport is more than you're accustomed to, the vehicle easily outweighs a Civic/Accord/Element.

The Power-To-Weight Ratios don't support your apprehensions. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try this to talk yourself down from the ledge:

Even though the engine's power in the Passport is more than you're accustomed to, the vehicle easily outweighs a Civic/Accord/Element.

The Power-To-Weight Ratios don't support your apprehensions. ;)
This resonates !! Might have to write it on a sticky note and leave it on the dash for post trip review 😆

1 - 12 of 12 Posts