Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I would like to introduce myself, My name is Gary, live in Minnesota. I am Electrician at a Book factory and is close to retiring.
I’m a kid of the 60’s, love music, hot cars and family.
Looking forward in being involved in this forum.

Reactions: Werlyb23

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forum sir, glad to have another new member. Did you already secure your new Passport? What were you driving before?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Gary. Welcome to the Passport Forums.
It must be cold in Minnesota this time of year.
Last week had a couple of days that was 25 below 0. My 2017 CR-V couldn’t keeep its heat, hence that is why I’m buying a 2019 Passport :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum sir, glad to have another new member. Did you already secure your new Passport? What were you driving before?
I had 2016 Honda Pilot Elite, I own a 2017 HR-V & 2017 CR-V. Living in Minnesota I need really good heat! My HR-V is a hot little bugger but, the CR-V struggles to keep its heat at 40mph or less. At highway speed it not to bad. When I retire I want to crawl into a nice warm vehicle, and the Passport looks SO cool.
I put $500.00 down on a black on black Passport Elite, its to arrive at the dealership sometime this week.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Gary,
Congrat's on the new one. My dealer got two units in and fortunately, one was exactly what we wanted. The other was the black on black elite. I got to look it over. Beautiful car. It is a real head turner. Good luck with delivery this week.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome to the site Gary and congrats on your purchase.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,597 Posts
Congrats and welcome Gary, living in Southern California, we get cold when it gets into the 40's...

·
Registered
86 Posts
In the local Mountains in So.CA. Big Bear Lake just got another 4" of snow, and in the mid 20's.
Thats cold for CA.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hello Gary! Welcome! Do you run a block heater in your vehicles? I'm thinking of installing one in my Passport. Thoughts?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My passport spends most of his time in the garage, 10 hours a day in the parking lot. We are using 0w-20w oil, very thin oil, won’t be hard to turn over on a cold Minnesota winter night. I’m going to pass on the block heater, if need be I would get a larger cold cranking amp battery ?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome. Congrats on your new Passport.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,677 Posts
Welcome to the group Gary!
We love all questions and feedback.

And Steven is so wrong...we get cold when it gets below 65* in SoCal! 😎🤣

·
Registered
71 Posts
Last week had a couple of days that was 25 below 0. My 2017 CR-V couldn’t keeep its heat, hence that is why I’m buying a 2019 Passport :)
Welcome Gary! Yikes that's pretty cold! I had a 2017 CRV also. I'm in the Pacific Northwest so not as chilly as MN, but my CRV did seem to take a while to warm up. I have a 2020 Passport now and it's night and day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello all,
I would like to introduce myself, My name is Gary, live in Minnesota. I am Electrician at a Book factory and is close to retiring.
I’m a kid of the 60’s, love music, hot cars and family.
Looking forward in being involved in this forum.
Hey Gary, welcome.
I too am a kid of the 60's and my love is music and muscle cars!
Although our Passports are nothing like 60’s era fast, the V6 is pretty snappy!
Your black interior will remind you of a hot car from the past, not black naugahyde “tuck and roll” cool, but cool just the same 😎
When are you going to show us a picture of your new ride?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts