Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm looking to buy a '21 EX-L as my new "dog car," upgrading from my 2014 Mazda. I'm able to wait a few months, but not much longer than January or February. With the market being so weird right now, I'm trying to weigh my options- do y'all think it's better to buy now, because the production challenges mean that stock will get harder to find before it gets better? The articles I've been reading predict that the market won't get better until next summer and I'm not able to wait that long. Any opinions or suggestions are appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Some of this may depend on where you are located geographically. I suggest watching the online inventory of dealers near you and see how fast they are moving out; that will give you some idea if there will be something to buy in Jan/Feb. In other years there wouldn't be much current year new inventory still in the pipeline to arrive in the 4th quarter, but who knows what is still stuck in transit? This is just my opinion but if you don't have any absolute no's re color you should buy when you find a fairly priced vehicle. When I bought mine I was really surprised at how much I got in trade for my very beat up 2013 Sorento - it was $1500 more than I was planning to list it for private sale. You can also find out what CarMax or KBB will give you for your Mazda in an outright sale and use that as a reference point. Your dogs will love the Passport!
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top