Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm eagerly awaiting the chance to test drive the new Passport. Have myself set up with my local dealer to be notified as soon as they arrive. Time to move from my Jeep Wrangler to something more suited as a DD.

Thinking of an Elite in that new copper-ish color.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have a new member on board. I wonder if we will see many other Wrangler owners looking for something more practical and reliable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know about that. In general, Wrangler owners are EXTREMELY loyal to their Wranglers. I've had 4 of them myself. With the new JL Rubicons crossing the $50k threshold, it's apparent that FCA is overpricing to take advantage of the popularity. Taking an objective look at a Wrangler, I see no possible way to justify MSRP of $50-as high as $59k.

Now, however, my 80 mile round trip commute, I'm hankering for something more sophisticated, but with some decent off-road utility. I'm not a rock crawler by any means, but light off-roading and some beach driving.

We'll see if the dealer will negotiate when inventory arrives. Wranglers hold value amazingly well, so it'll take a decent offer to make me pull the trigger. I'm hoping that they won't demand MSRP, just because it's a new model. That will drive me away for some period of time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts