Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone ..I was glad to see that there was a tab for the passport on the Ridgeline owners forums,,I was a little sad when it was time to return my leased 2017 rtl-t Ridgeline that there wasn't going to be a site like that one for the passport..I learned and got a lot of info for that truck and I hope that I can help and get the same from this forum.This is number 6 for me( 2 accords 2 pilots and a Ridgeline...)Any way I just picked up my 2019 passport touring in lunar silver & black leather last night and I love it ..just got the front windows tinted this morning.. next im looking to get a trailer hitch for my bike rack and figure out how to sell my peragon truck bed cover from my Ridgeline..
20190209_130527.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just like mine except mine is Elite trim. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. Think the lunar silver with black makes a great combination.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Awesome looking Passport! Welcome to the site..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good, I haven't seen a passport in the area since I got mine or any where else for that matter...
Welcome neighbor! I'm moving to Glendale in April. Maybe we'll see each other driving around our new Passports!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey everyone ..I was glad to see that there was a tab for the passport on the Ridgeline owners forums,,I was a little sad when it was time to return my leased 2017 rtl-t Ridgeline that there wasn't going to be a site like that one for the passport..I learned and got a lot of info for that truck and I hope that I can help and get the same from this forum.This is number 6 for me( 2 accords 2 pilots and a Ridgeline...)Any way I just picked up my 2019 passport touring in lunar silver & black leather last night and I love it ..just got the front windows tinted this morning.. next im looking to get a trailer hitch for my bike rack and figure out how to sell my peragon truck bed cover from my Ridgeline.. View attachment 929
What percentage tint do you go with? I have an appointment for mine. Can’t decide if I want to darken up the back half tint and get the fronts at 35% (NC limit) or just try to match up the front to what the back half is.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with 35% one time on another car and I could not see thru the glass at my mirrors at night,,I went back the next day and had them do it all over again to 20%..I think the 20s match more than the 35s with the rears..

·
Registered
258 Posts
I went with 35% one time on another car and I could not see thru the glass at my mirrors at night,,I went back the next day and had them do it all over again to 20%..I think the 20s match more than the 35s with the rears..
You have it backwards, 20% is darker than 35%. It is much harder to see out 20% than it is through 35%.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You have it backwards, 20% is darker than 35%. It is much harder to see out 20% than it is through 35%.
I was trying to articulate this not nearly as well as you did. Thank you. One thing I hate about NC tint laws is the darkest the front can be is 35% so I have no hope of matching anyway so do I just make the back darker too since it’ll never match? Then there’s the heat rejection aspect to consider. I can get 85% heat rejection tint, but if I only tint up front but does it even matter if I don’t also get the back done with the same heat rejection tint?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My bad ..I always thought the higher you went the darker ..I have to go back to him to do my wifes car soon ,Ill ask him..maybe it was 15s or 10s that I put on that time..I know when I walk in I told him I wanted 20s..

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you are wanting to block out heat: you guys know about Ceramic Tints right?

They are the best way to go...
Yea, that’s what I’ve gotten on my last 3 vehicles. I just realized when I set the appointment and got the quote this time, based on the price, they must have assumed I meant only the front windows. But with ceramic I might as well get the whole thing done for it to be most effective, right? Since the darkness can’t match anyway...

·
Super Moderator
1,055 Posts
Sure, I even did my front windshield on my last car! If you have a black interior and use a light tint, "they" can't even tell...!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the pearl black paint. I am going to tint the front windows. Does anybody know what tint % they use on the back from factory? I live in Indiana and you can only use up to 30% on front windows. I want to get close to the back window tint.
I may also do a very light tint on windshield then about a four inch darker visor tint on the top of windshield.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts