Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of research, I opted for a 2021 Passport Elite in modern steel. I couldn't be more happy. Initially, "local" test drives left me feeling the PP suspension was a bit too stiff... until I thought about it and realized the 2005 Highlander I've been driving (which I absolutely loved) was a big marshmellow. I think it could also be looked at like loving an old pair of slippers, they fit and feel great... breaking in new slippers takes time, then you realize just how bad the old ones were. I can say that after a few miles... I was in love with the suspension and "driveability" of the PP and can't imagine going back to my beloved Highlander.

Great to be here and looking forward to learning from all of you.

Ken

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,218 Posts
Great choice, and great color...!

Plan on any accessories?

Reactions: KF6LOK and ProdGirl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! For now, I plan on buying and installing (myself) the OEM hitch. I'm fortunate to have a friend with an auto garage who has the tools and knowledge for the task. I understand there is a sensor that I'll have to deal with. The beauty of this forum is that there is lots of information availble to help. Also looking to get the all weather floor mats and protective carpet parts.

Anything you recommend as a "must-have"?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,670 Posts
Hey! You bought my exact Passport! 🤣
Congratulations on your new ride.
And ditto to what Steve said, great color choice.

And must have accessories, are you short like me (5’)?
If so, running boards are a must.

Then start with some ceramic window tint, Xpel paint protection, mud flaps, all weather mats, cargo tray liner.

Reactions: stevenD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Prod Girl!

Thanks for the accessory tips. No, the PP is exactly the right height for me to step right in... unlike my diesel truck, which definitely has running boards. I'll look into the window tint and paint protection. I am starting off by having it detailed with a coat of wax and like I mentioned, all weather mats... even though in Santa Barabara CA where I live, we have yet to see any rain in a long time...

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,670 Posts
Thanks Prod Girl!

Thanks for the accessory tips. No, the PP is exactly the right height for me to step right in... unlike my diesel truck, which definitely has running boards. I'll look into the window tint and paint protection. I am starting off by having it detailed with a coat of wax and like I mentioned, all weather mats... even though in Santa Barabara CA where I live, we have yet to see any rain in a long time...
I hear you in the rain. I’m just south of you a few hours in HB (for another day) and I put them in. They make it so easy to clean up any foot dirt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts