Honda Passport Forum banner

New(ish) Trailsport from Idaho

2K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  TJ2003 
#1 ·
Greetings,

Not really new since we got her last September, but new to the forum so I got that going for me ;)

Traded in a 2018 Jeep Rubicon for 22 Passport Trailsport. Needed something a bit more road trip friendly, plus I've always loved Honda's AWD system that in many situations will run circles around a traditional part-time 4x4 setup. And since our off-pavement adventures are mostly dirt/gravel roads and trails, the Passport will handle most of that with ease.

Only planned upgrades are the tires (already done) and NoLo skid plates. Other than that she's perfect as is.

Technically this is my second Passport since I had one of the original rebadged Isuzu Rodeo Passports back in the 90s.

So. Hello all!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome! What tires did you upgrade to? The stock "all terrain" tires don't look very aggressive...

Reactions: TJ2003
#7 ·
I have an elite but bought the TS wheels and put wildepeaks on them. our PPs look pretty close now :)

#8 ·
I've been on the fence about the stock TS wheels. I was almost certain that black wheels would look better, but then I was following my wife driving it and thought they looked awesome as is. Will definitely be keeping the stock wheels for now, would rather invest in the skid plates to protect her soft fleshy underbelly since she does see some off-pavement action.

#10 ·
Welcome! So many places I want to visit in Idaho!

#17 ·
Congrats and welcome to the forum. (y)

I hear you on daily driver as my Passport was purchased because I didn't want to drive my Gladiator all over town taking kids to baseball games and whatnot. I'd imagine the Rubicon was very useful in the Idaho snow. I get so much attention in my Gladiator and am invisible in my Passport; I'm guessing there's a decent Jeep following in Idaho. Curious if you miss the Jeep culture...

#18 ·
Congrats and welcome to the forum. (y)

I hear you on daily driver as my Passport was purchased because I didn't want to drive my Gladiator all over town taking kids to baseball games and whatnot. I'd imagine the Rubicon was very useful in the Idaho snow. I get so much attention in my Gladiator and am invisible in my Passport; I'm guessing there's a decent Jeep following in Idaho. Curious if you miss the Jeep culture...
While it's no Gladiator, my wife says she's had several people notice and ask her about her TT/PP. There's at least a segment out there that find it a striking vehicle.

#21 ·
Hey Chef, I still have not done the swap. I wanted to get some feedback from you on how those Wildpeak Trails are doing living in the OEM 20" wheels. Have you experienced any rubbing or anything negative you can report back with. Sorry, I am using you as my guinea pig as I want the exact set up you are running. In fact, we have the exact same Passport too...LOL

#25 ·
Nice looking car! I'm loking to upgrade my tires. How do the Falkens ride on normal pavement? How about road noise?
Ride is as good as the original. Excellent in rain and snow. Not quite as good as dedicated winter tires on ice. Noise is minimal, if noticeable at all. I chose these because they were one of the few AT tires in the stock size with the triple peak rating. BFG and Yokohama had tires as well, but weren't as highly rated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.