Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
And you didn't wash it?

LOL, just joking, looks beautiful in the sun, congrats and welcome to the forum!

Any Accessories you looking to add?

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite, Obsidian Blue Pearl
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
Already have tow hitch, transmission cooler, and engine block heater on order with Honda. Given the current "situation," the dealers seem ready to give you quite a deal on the car & accessories...
Also have WeatherTech floormats on order. Had those on the three prior cars (Odyssey'07, Pilot'12, CR-V'18).

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
Also have WeatherTech floormats on order. Had those on the three prior cars (Odyssey'07, Pilot'12, CR-V'18).
I've had them in the last 4 or 5 family vehicles, but this time for the PP I ordered the WeatherTech Floor Liners and I like them even better!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steele
408 Posts
You must be from Minneapolis. Someone from St. Paul would have bought one in Metalic Steel. 😆:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, welcome. I'm going to assume from your nom de plume, that you, like I, used to be a Pilot owner that switched to the Passport. If so my curiosity is to why.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny - yeah wanted Black Forest Pearl but none to be had apparently anywhere in the US, didn't want to wait for it (who knows the timing given the plant shutdown), and didn't want plain old black/white/silver/steel (apologies to those of you who like those colors). And yes, I am over in Maple Grove (from Chicago originally tho).

I AM actually upgrading from a 2012 Pilot - thus the username (although my son is at UND studying to become a drone pilot/commercial pilot). Reason for the switch - was jealous of some of the newer features on my wife's 2018 CR-V (keyless entry/walkaway lock/LED headlights/Android Auto/etc.) and felt like upgrading, did not want/need the 3rd row seat (never did but the Pilot was the only choice back in 2012 when I converted from a Tahoe), and we wanted to give the Pilot to our son (again, who is coincidentally now an actual Pilot) so he had something with AWD/better safety features/etc. to be driving around up at frozen UND. Also thought overall a more versatile car than the Pilot as I do occasionally go on some gravel/dirt roads in northern MN.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about yourself (reasons for switching from Pilot to PP)?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steele
408 Posts
How about yourself (reasons for switching from Pilot to PP)?
Easy actually. 1 wife, 3 grown kids out of the house with families of their own. 3 grandkids, 1 who’s 17. The other two are 8 & 10. 2 canine kids of our own. Loved my 2013 Pilot Touring, but we just never used the 3rd row seat and used the rear seat entertainment system 6 times at most.

I‘m not disposed to buying 1st year models so the 2020 Touring AWD met my/our needs much better. The wife’s daily driver is a 2016 Nissan Rogue SL and fits her well for her needs.

The Passport is a much better fit for me as a daily driver and much better for us to travel in be it KC, Dallas, Denver or the mountains of New Mexico or Colorado.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep sounds similar. I too don't like buying 1st year models, although I figured the PP was 90% of the current model year Pilot (which has been going since 2017?), and there just seemed something balanced about the 2020 model year (the actual number). ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts