Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I switch to navigation, my Passport is represented in the lower center of the screen. As I drive around though, the PP will drive right out of the frame to the point where it can no longer be seen. This happens in both 2D and 3D views. How can I set the navigation screen so that it keeps my Passport visible on the screen at all times?

FYI, I have it set to Track Up.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
?
Is anyone else here having this experience when you turn on your nav system?

·
Registered
434 Posts
If the map stays still and the passport drives out of frame you should just be able to hit the back arrow button at the top left to re-center back onto the passport.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The navigation feature in my Elite Passport is just for entertainment! If I need to have navigation, time to use a real GPS, my nuvi 2589LMT.

Many times a quick glance at the Elite Garmin shows my vehicle driving through buildings in a zig zag course in town. Once I was flying at an altitude of 10,980 feet above sea level over the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountain range.

Stuck,

·
Registered
693 Posts
Garmin Nav worked flawlessly on my recent 2100 mile road trip through most of CA. I went back and forth using that and Google Maps through Anroid Auto. Garmin worked fine but I do prefer Google.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the map stays still and the passport drives out of frame you should just be able to hit the back arrow button at the top left to re-center back onto the passport.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I think the map should follow the car automatically.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The navigation feature in my Elite Passport is just for entertainment! If I need to have navigation, time to use a real GPS, my nuvi 2589LMT.

Many times a quick glance at the Elite Garmin shows my vehicle driving through buildings in a zig zag course in town. Once I was flying at an altitude of 10,980 feet above sea level over the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountain range.

Stuck,
After reading this, I guess I'm glad that mine at least stays at ground level on the streets.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Google Maps through Android Auto has the recenter option. I had to use the back function on Garmin.
My '13 Accord's navigation never gave me any trouble and followed me perfectly. :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah mine starts following the car immediately but if you touch the map anywhere it stops following until you hit the return button at the top left.
Thanks for that. I do usually touch the screen for one reason or another after I bring up the nav app. Maybe that's why I've been having this problem. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah mine starts following the car immediately but if you touch the map anywhere it stops following until you hit the return button at the top left.
DING DING DING DING!!

Thanks Jermboy, I just got back from running a couple of errands without touching the nav screen and the background map changed the way it should and my vehicle remained visible on the screen the entire time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts