Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full background:
2021 maps updated on all our Hondas and all software updates also applied.
Have read the Passport Navigation Manual and searched key words in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (screenshot below)
Could NOT locate a way to adjust the distance alert voice guidance (ie. Turn in so-and-so many feet/meters)

Situation:
Normally, on all our late model Hondas (Ridgeline, CRV, Accord, Fit, Civic, Passport) while driving, it's easy to use the Voice Commands as in Navigation, Navigation, Find Address and then speak out the entire Street, City, State and have no complaints there -- system works just fine and I simply press GO or respond Yes to start to destination.

Yesterday, while driving to a completely new address, the navigation system had a lot of "Turn left in...." or "Turn right in..." type directions and while they were correct, the voice prompt came up very last moment like "Turn left in 300 feet", which happened more than once when I was already there and could not react early. On our other Hondas, I get voice prompts in the style of ... turn in 800 meters, turn in 400 meters... etc and find that to be much easier to follow.

Is there a way to change the voice distance alert to give more distance "heads-up" ? For example, alert at 1 mile and then again at half mile ? Yes, I am aware that there is a turn alert icon on the dash which works great when on a fast speed highway but this situation is at low speed heavy traffic on city streets with many turns in rapid succession.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My Google maps (Apple Maps) one does this very well when I use Apple Car play, almost too many times.

Sorry, but I too read through the manual and could not find a way to adjust the guidance distance. Lots of other variables, but not that one. Maybe Honda knows how?

·
Registered
218 Posts
There are so many things about this Garmin system that completely suck. I have a 10 or 15 year-old TomTom portable nav device that has more customization and features.

Very disappointed in Honda/Garmin!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the 2023 map update -- this "feature" is still not operating correctly.

Yesterday, in heavy traffic, low speed, rapid left and right turns --- the voice prompt says "turn in 300 feet" WHEN I WAS AT THE POINT OF TURN ... and missed it.

For comparison, it works perfectly in our Ridgelines, I get multiple early warnings. In Passports, no such thing. Works fine on highway at high speed, city traffic, not so well.

Sigh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts