Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things I dislike the most about my current RDX is the fact that the NAV can’t be accessed while the vehicle is moving. Combined with a pathetic voice recognition, its usefulness is severely limited on road trips.

Does the NAV in the Passport have the same limitation when the vehicle is in motion?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Enter the complete address using voice control.
I am hoping voice control functions better in the Passport than it does in my 2014 RDX. The day Mrs. D and I tried to find a "Dutch Brothers" coffee stand (popular here in Oregon), I got so frustrated I almost ripped that thing out of the dash. :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
DSG, I feel your pain. My 2013 Fit can't find squat using a place name. Once, as an experiment, while driving through the parking lot of a public coliseum that had been in existence for at least two decades, I asked Miss Fit to find it. She gave me directions to a coliseum over a thousand miles away. Needless to say, I didn't get my money's worth out of that nav system.(n)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I agree about the navigation system. Doesn’t always do the job. I usually use car play and set up on Google Maps and sometimes on Waze. Like them much better and everything shows up on the screen. The Honda Navigation system is a waste of money when you can get everything on my phone.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Try searching ‘Overpriced Coffee’ Dutch Brothers will come right up... :p
LOL.

Well, I seriously doubt that my voice recognition would have much luck with that.

Besides, I'm very fortunate that I can afford "overpriced coffee" and don't have to search for "cheap coffee" when I'm in an unfamiliar area. ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am hoping voice control functions better in the Passport than it does in my 2014 RDX. The day Mrs. D and I tried to find a "Dutch Brothers" coffee stand (popular here in Oregon), I got so frustrated I almost ripped that thing out of the dash. :mad:
I'm so glad to be back in a Honda (Passport Touring) with the Garmin based nav. Works great 99% of the time. If you really want to be frustrated with a nav system, try the one in current GM vehicles. The 2018 Equinox I traded-in on my Passport had the worst nav system I've ever used. My wife thought the horrible nav system in the Equinox was reason enough to dump it.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
I had a chance to play around a bit with the Nav yesterday. I also briefly played around with the Nav in the 2019 RDX on my multiple test drives. I much prefer the Nav in the Passport. Not sure what they use in the RDX but this one is so much better and seems to do so much more.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I need to play around more with voice control and the various Nav systems. It was useless with my 2012 Pilot. I’ve been pleased, however, with how well Siri has worked for me with music in CarPlay, so I’m cautiously optimistic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts