Honda Passport Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Under 1k miles for me (3 weeks old) and both of my mirrors are doing this. Started with drivers side and now the passenger side. If I roll down the window and touch the mirror, it stops vibrating for a little while, but always comes back. :(
Guess I'm calling the dealer tomorrow.

Reactions: tombox

·
Registered
2021 MSM Honda Passport Touring AWD
49 Posts
Took about a month for dealer to get the mirror but the sod and it’s fixed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed my passenger side shaking in the test drive last month, arranged for replacement when we bought it, but still is on back order, otherwise seems like a nice car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I called for an appointment, and they insist that even though they're aware of the issue on Passport/Pilot/Ridgeline/Odyssey, they still want me to come in so they can drive it and verify it.

Right... because I have so much free time that I invented this problem and want them to replace my mirror glass for no good reason at all. C'mon, man. Just order the parts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
they still want me to come in so they can drive it and verify it.
Jeez that's just trash CS. I went in told them, they ordered the part since it was a known problem. The part came in this morning. Took exactly 3 weeks to get it in from the date I went in to get the part ordered. Service took it in and took about 45 min total from intake to give me the call it was ready. Now it's rock solid (mirror is a bit dirty from them handling it) - crazy to think I probably would have ignored it without this thread. Thanks!!

For reference, my car is a month old, noticed it probably about 500 miles in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a shaky drivers mirror here as well. Shakes enough that you double take during lane changes just to make sure you are seeing things right :oops:. Guess I know the fix now! Rather disappointing as my last Honda had ZERO issues while I drove it 100K miles…

·
Registered
9 Posts
UPDATE
Went in for my appointment today, they said I'd have to leave it for the whole day for them to verify the problem that they already know exists. I said hell no, we set this up to wait, and I shouldn't have to even come in at all. Just order the damn parts and call me in 3 months. Nope. They rescheduled me for NEXT week and will give me a loaner, as long as I give them a credit card first. So they want me to come in TWICE for something I shouldn't have come in for once? And then a third time whenever they get the parts?
Time to start shopping for another service department.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my PP back from the dealer after the mirror repair. My wife noticed when she put the car in reverse the mirrors no longer auto adjusted down. I switched the power mirror to the passenger side, and then the passenger mirror automatically lowered when put in reverse. I thought I remembered both mirrors would tilt down when you put the car in reverse… am I imagining this? Or does only the mirror selected on the power mirror toggle go down when you out the car in reverse?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Only the side selected tilts down. Kinda silly, IMO.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts