Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021 MSM Honda Passport Touring AWD
38 Posts
I had my appointment this past Saturday. They said they’ll replace it, they just had to order it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The dealership said the factory didn't apply enough adhesive behind the mirror, so it has to be completely replaced. The side mirror is backordered, so I don't know when it'll be fixed. I'm glad I can use this as reference though because I wasn't sure my then 2-day-old Passport was defective.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For those that would like to test to see if their mirror is defective, play bass heavy music and keep an eye on your mirror.

·
Registered
9 Posts
update: I took my passport in, and they compared the two mirrors and noticed the obvious difference, luckily they had the mirror-glass in stock, and had it changed out in less then an hour! the tech who brought the car up said he had never seen the mirror-glass mounted like that!

·
Registered
643 Posts
The mirror "glass" is actually plastic, at least on the Touring. It is held in by large round "snap" type clips. I had purchased the available mirror with the "extended view" edge from Honda and had to remove the OEM mirror. It felt like I was going to break something. I called College Hills and they said just go "beyond your comfort zone". I did and the mirror finally popped off. After a couple of days I decided I did not like the extended view one.. So I had to do the same procedure again!
$43

·
Registered
2021 EX-L PWP
8 Posts
how wobbly are we talking about? On bass heavy music I see a very slight vibration on the mirror, but I wouldn't call it wobbly. Nothing I guess that would be unusual for having the subwoofer and bass turned up on the sound. My rear view mirror also has the same very slight vibration on the bass hits. I don't see it on my RH mirror though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same issue here on my 2021. Gets worse when it sits out in the sun. I suspect the dealer couldn’t replicate it when I brought it in because it had time to cool down in the service bay. Another trip to the dealership for me

21 - 27 of 27 Posts