Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my drivers side mirror has excessive vibration on our I-10 trip to Mobile today from Pensacola. It’s makes objects seem blurry. Anyone else had this issue & what resolved it? The passenger mirror is smooth.
it’s going back to the dealer for roof rails tomorrow so I’ll ask them to check it. I’d appreciate it if anyone can share their experience with it. I have only 4 days of ownership and 249 miles.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
418 Posts
Mirror regardless of trim level (manual or power retractable) should be solid, would definitely have the dealer check it out. No hippie hippie shakes o_O

·
Registered
Passport Sport AWD
140 Posts
I noticed my drivers side mirror has excessive vibration on our I-10 trip to Mobile today from Pensacola. It’s makes objects seem blurry. Anyone else had this issue & what resolved it? The passenger mirror is smooth.
it’s going back to the dealer for roof rails tomorrow so I’ll ask them to check it. I’d appreciate it if anyone can share their experience with it. I have only 4 days of ownership and 249 miles.
Some drivers dont even use those things 😃

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The service writer admitted the mirror was a known issue and a replacement glass assembly would have to be ordered. They installed my rails and gave me my paperwork to register the vehicle in Fl. I also got 3 years maintenance included in the deal. In addition if the required maintenance is done at this dealer there is a 250,000 mile power train warranty. I never keep a vehicle that long. My last 4 vehicles milage added together would be less than that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately we still have the shakes! My dealer informs me there is a back order on the part with no idea how long it will be. On top of that none of the Independant hitch installers can get a Passport hitch. Curt and Draw-tite have no availability. When they become available the hitch and harness will be around $450 installed. Just for grins I called my dealer and they get that much just for labor. Guess I’ll wait I’m not paying double for a Honda OEM hitch. My Subaru Crosstrek OEM hitch was $600 installed but the deal paid half as a side deal with me in the purchase agreement.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
If you want after market try eTrailer.com. Others have found Curt and Draw-tite there. I got my dealer to pay ⅔ of the cost of hitch, wiring and trans cooler.

·
Registered
2021 EX-L AWD
8 Posts
Our passport has this same driver's side mirror issue!! 6 days of ownership and under 400 miles as well. Passenger side is solid, but driver's side is so shaky it was making me lightweight nauseous seeing it at the corner of my eye while driving. One thing that remedied the shakes just a bit was facing the mirror inwards where half the view is the car(n).

I just set an appointment with the dealership for next week to take a look at it. Good to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this (although not happy with the situation).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you want after market try eTrailer.com. Others have found Curt and Draw-tite there. I got my dealer to pay ⅔ of the cost of hitch, wiring and trans cooler.
I was able to get the Curt hitch from ETrailer with wiring for $334 and had a local hitch co install both in 45 minutes for $107 total.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a appointment on Friday for my mirror Replacement. It was on National back order and finally came in. I’ll post my results for those interested.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My mirror was replaced yesterday by my dealer. The shakes are gone, but it took a month And almost 1000 miles before it was fixed. The mirror arrived the week before but it was another week for the appointment. It took them around one hour but they washed the Passport too. I’m satisfied. Just don’t understand how it got through quality control. Are we the quality control now?

·
Registered
2021 EX-L AWD
8 Posts
Thanks for the update! Glad they were able to fix it though

·
Registered
593 Posts
My mirror was replaced yesterday by my dealer. The shakes are gone, but it took a month And almost 1000 miles before it was fixed. The mirror arrived the week before but it was another week for the appointment. It took them around one hour but they washed the Passport too. I’m satisfied. Just don’t understand how it got through quality control. Are we the quality control now?
It probably got by because at the factory they don't test drive the vehicles on I-10, or any other highway.

Glad to hear that they got it fixed. I know how annoying that can be, especially to the driver.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I Also have the same issue just bought brand new 2 weeks ago .. I noticed on way home from dealership the vibration but didn't think anything of it.. But it continued to get worse and worse especially driving on higher speeds .. took back to another dealership closer to my house and they said nothing wrong with it... they also only rode around the building over speed bumps... I took it back a week later and told them they had to go on highway up to speed 55 plus..They are replacing the mirror but it's on back order also.. so this is definitely a common issue

·
Registered
593 Posts
I Also have the same issue just bought brand new 2 weeks ago .. I noticed on way home from dealership the vibration but didn't think anything of it.. But it continued to get worse and worse especially driving on higher speeds .. took back to another dealership closer to my house and they said nothing wrong with it... they also only rode around the building over speed bumps... I took it back a week later and told them they had to go on highway up to speed 55 plus..They are replacing the mirror but it's on back order also.. so this is definitely a common issue
Not surprising the second dealer didn't notice it when you took it to them, you didn't buy the car from them. Most dealers don't like dealing with warranty issues on vehicles bought at other dealerships. Honda sends them the part, but Honda doesn't reimburse at the going shop rate. Glad to hear that it is getting fixed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah just grin and bear it. It was irritating to drive my new vehicle for a month like that but I’m in love with my Passport again. Our Passports must have come from the same batch. I once bought a small fleet of cars and the problems were common amongst them. I had a bunch of speed sensors fail and a few transmissions. Hopefully this will be it for awhile and we can enjoy some traditional Honda reliability. My 17 Ridgeline was almost flawless. I had one ac vent break which was promptly fixed and that was it.

·
Registered
2021 EX-L AWD
8 Posts
Heading to my appointment tomorrow morning to get this checked out. Any idea what part # you had to get replaced?

·
Registered
2021 MSM Honda Passport Touring AWD
38 Posts
I went in today, the service advisor knew what it was, yet I had to make an appointment this Saturday for them to drive it around. Then they'll order the part, which is on back-order. I hope I get this resolved too like the OP. FWIW, the service advisor said they've gotten in a few PP's and Pilots with the same issue...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got the same issue with my 2-day-old Passport. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the dealership can get it fixed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts