Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,258 Posts
How did you guys load it? Thumb drives? Your phones? I'm waiting on my CD player to get in and be installed, then I'll start loading...

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you guys load it? Thumb drives? Your phones? I'm waiting on my CD player to get in and be installed, then I'll start loading...
Thumb drive. Go to "My Honda Music" then insert the drive into the "phone" USB port. Follow the prompts and will begin uploading the music files. It was easy to do but took a LONG time to transfer the files. Once it's done it's very cool and very easy to access music by Song, Artist, Folder, etc.

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
684 Posts
Anyone know the storage capacity of the "My Honda Music" drive?
I tried to transfer 4GB of files and it indicated that the system would use 50% of the capacity. Therefore, storage capacity is approximately 8GB. It you prefer high quality audio files, that will reduce the number of songs that can be stored.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just curious. Has anyone else had any problems with Honda Music playback. Mine will only play what is in each folder, then repeat. Will not advance to the next folder. Also, it will often play back in random order even when not selected to do so. if i choose to manually advance to the next track, Most of the time it chooses tracks in a random order. Again, random is not selected. I have had it the the dealer 3 times for this and they say it is normal. Playing from a USB drive is a whole headache of it's own. Coming from a 2019 CRV that worked perfectly using USB(all 3 ports suported thumb drives too)this is disappointing to say the least.

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
338 Posts
I just installed 42 albums or 518 individual songs and mine says 68% full. I used a thumb drive and it worked great. Did take a while to load it all but works great. Now I don’t have to use my IPod anymore.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,258 Posts
I just installed 42 albums or 518 individual songs and mine says 68% full. I used a thumb drive and it worked great. Did take a while to load it all but works great. Now I don’t have to use my IPod anymore.
Cool, what format did they save in Mp3?

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
338 Posts
Cool, what format did they save in Mp3?
Sorry not sure what format. I copied them from my 10 year old Mac on to a USB flash drive my sister had from Staples. I tried downloading directly from my IPod and it wouldn’t Recognize it. Although it played my iPod through the USB. I was disappointed that I couldn’t get the CD player in my Elite but not anymore. I have all this music and don’t have to carry all those CD’s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.