Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched over just before our 4400 mile trip in Oct.

I went with the Pilot / RL optional wheel because I really like it's looks, perfect fit, AND, it's not 20 inches!
The original 20's did give a smooth ride, as long as you were on a good road. But the 18's give a much better ride overall.
And less of a chance of rim scrapes!

So, now to get rid of the originals. Touring gray, 3700 miles, minor curb rash on 2 wheels, w/TPMS sensors, center caps.
Anyone? Anyone?

·
Registered
524 Posts

I went with the Pilot / RL optional wheel because I really like it's looks, perfect fit, AND, it's not 20 inches!
The original 20's did give a smooth ride, as long as you were on a good road. But the 18's give a much better ride overall.

So, now to get rid of the originals. Touring gray, 3700 miles, minor curb rash on 2 wheels, w/TPMS sensors, center caps.
Anyone? Anyone?
View attachment 4443
Nice! What size are the new tires?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No.
Conti 20" diam. = 29.4"
Mich 18" diam. = 29.5"
tirerack.com is a good source for specs if you want to compare tire sizes/brands/models.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Anyone? Anyone?
View attachment 4443
Good Luck with that! I been trying since I bought mine!! I want what you got! How much did those rims cost? tires? looks good!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$262 @ oempartsource.com and tires at Costco with a $150 (for 4) off special.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No.
Conti 20" diam. = 29.4"
Mich 18" diam. = 29.5"
tirerack.com is a good source for specs if you want to compare tire sizes/brands/models.
What changes in the speedometer has anyone had that switched to 245/60R18 tires? Any replies please state your Passport trim level. I went with 2019 Ridgeline Black Edition wheels and Falken Wildpeak AT Trail tires that are listed as 29.7” tires and my speedometer reads more than actual speed measured by GPS. With a larger diameter tire it should be slightly higher than the speedometer states. The only thing I can figure out is that the Falken tires are actually smaller than the stated diameter, Falken and Tirerack lists them at 714 revolutions per mile. I’m still in my 30 day trail period and plan on getting Michelin Defender LTX or Continental AT Terrain Contact in 245/60R18, which are listed on mfr websites as 29.6” diameter and 703 revolutions per mile for the Michelins and 702 for the Continentals. FYI the stock tires on the Elite are listed at 29.4”/ 707 RP mile and Sport and EX-L stock tires are 29.7”/ 699 per Continental.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts