Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a dash cam installed this morning on my new 22 Touring. The battery was disconnected as part of the installation. On restarting, I now have a half dozen codes that have come up and will not clear. The installer (supposedly reputable) says the codes will clear after about 100km/60miles? Anybody experience this before? Next step is back to dealership if I cannot resolve it.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
883 Posts
I would discount the power to the dash cam and see if that corrects the problem first, before going to the dealer.

Reactions: fx_chip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disconnecting power to dash cam did not solve the issue. Dealership says that codes all relate to vehicle forward facing camera (not dashcam). New one on order ... one month back order. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Disconnecting power to dash cam did not solve the issue. Dealership says that codes all relate to vehicle forward facing camera (not dashcam). New one on order ... one month back order. Thanks for your response.
Is your Passport drivable or it has to be parked until the camera becomes available?

By the way, your car is likely an EX-L or Trailsport, there is no Touring trim for the 2022 Passport.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is your Passport drivable or it has to be parked until the camera becomes available?

By the way, your car is likely an EX-L or Trailsport, there is no Touring trim for the 2022 Passport.
The vehicle is drivable, I just get the half a dozen codes every time I start it up. It is a Canadian model and is Touring. Same as EX-L in US?

·
Registered
306 Posts
So I had a dash cam installed this morning on my new 22 Touring. The battery was disconnected as part of the installation. On restarting, I now have a half dozen codes that have come up and will not clear. The installer (supposedly reputable) says the codes will clear after about 100km/60miles? Anybody experience this before? Next step is back to dealership if I cannot resolve it.
The timing of the problem (after install of dashcam) is suspect. Dash cams are not hard to install. The excuse the installer gave is super lame: codes will clear eventually? There should not be any codes for a simple install where a power wire is run to a camera.

Hopefully this is coincidence and dealer will fix you up under warranty.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I've read that a completely dead battery (disconnected battery) will require a trip to the Dealership, for diagnosis and reset. Then the computers will become synced again.
Regarding your dash cam installer...I'm amazed that they would not have kept 12v to the computers, with a LINK or a LINK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The timing of the problem (after install of dashcam) is suspect. Dash cams are not hard to install. The excuse the installer gave is super lame: codes will clear eventually? There should not be any codes for a simple install where a power wire is run to a camera.

Hopefully this is coincidence and dealer will fix you up under warranty.
So the dealership service manager inspected the dash cam installation and found no obvious indication of anything that was done wrong but like you, he found the coincidence of the codes happening with the dash cam installation suspicious. All the codes relate to the vehicles forward looking camera which the dealership has agreed to replace under warranty. Waiting for a new camera to arrive, hopefully by the end of the month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts