Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now my escape averages 10-10.5 L/100 km with a mix of city (40%) and highway driving (60%) which seems to be what real life Passport is averaging?

I think my car's calculator is off since when I stop at a light it goes up to 99.9L/100km and ruins my average (no auto start/stop on the 2015 model). I fill it up for about 45-50$ and get maybe 450-460 km so it sounds about right however.

What am I looking at for the passport in terms of real world gas?? I don't want it to be hard on a gas. Had an F-150 and hated it. I won't drive in econ so lets not bother with that.

Will I say, OMG it's a gas guzzler compared to the Escapay??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Right now my escape averages 10-10.5 L/100 km with a mix of city (40%) and highway driving (60%) which seems to be what real life Passport is averaging?

I think my car's calculator is off since when I stop at a light it goes up to 99.9L/100km and ruins my average (no auto start/stop on the 2015 model). I fill it up for about 45-50$ and get maybe 450-460 km so it sounds about right however.

What am I looking at for the passport in terms of real world gas?? I don't want it to be hard on a gas. Had an F-150 and hated it. I won't drive in econ so lets not bother with that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im in Canada and im getting the same exact L/100kms, I can pull 625-700kms if I let the gas light come on but I fill up at a 1/4 tank and and getting close to the range your getting give or take a few kms. I also have always owned pick ups so im very have with the Passport's gas consumption.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like it will be really close in terms of MPG. Even if the Passport is a little more I don't mind as long as it's not gas guzzler.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sounds like it will be really close in terms of MPG. Even if the Passport is a little more I don't mind as long as it's not gas guzzler.
I had been averaging around 22.5 MPG during my normal weekly commute (70% highway, 20% City, 10% traffic jam) so it has been ok during regular driving. However, I'm very pleased with the MPG I got during my giant road trip through 9 states. I was averaging 26-32 MPG throughout the trip. So I would say it's definitely a good road trip car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm getting about 13 MPG on my 2019 Elite currently. I suspect it'll get better since I spent hours idling in my driveway getting Android Auto to work.

The one thing I find funny, if I'm in "park" with the engine running the efficiency meter is white but if I put it in "drive" and floor it hitting 4500 or so RPMs it considers that efficient.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've averaged 23.8 om 3,000 miles of combined driving.This is based on actual usage, not the artificial indication on the dash that seems to read about 2 mpg higher.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have around 2000km on my Touring and gas mileage is better than my previous 2015 Edge Titanium. The transmission is much better , I’m sure this is the reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts