Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great to see American production facilities thriving amidst all the reports of closures from other automakers like GM. This massive plant should ensure that there are plenty of Passports to go around for launch.

·
Registered
288 Posts
They wont have any trouble moving these, especially with its level of utility. I would imagine a lot of Pilot owners are considering downsizing to the smaller platform.
Exactly, I think you are right on the money.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great to see American production facilities thriving amidst all the reports of closures from other automakers like GM. This massive plant should ensure that there are plenty of Passports to go around for launch.
Agreed. I work in Automotive and those stickers that say "out of a job yet, keep buying foreign" are annoying considering the percentage of foreign parts in most domestics. In general, I think domestics are decreasing local content while foreign companies are managing to make more parts local competitively and thrive. I am open for correction on that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GM is having a really tough go, but following the cuts Ford has made, it obvious that sedans just aren't attracting the interest that they used to. More hybrid options would have been the safest way forward.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was happy with a car but they are plastering my city with speed humps that seem to punish narrow wheelbase economical cars the most. Full size pick-ups can drive right through them but won't fit in my garage so Passport it is !

·
Registered
576 Posts
Exactly, I think you are right on the money.
Axiom, Exactly, not needing a 3rd-row seat I only used four times in 7 years and with 83k miles, the PP arrived just in time for the size vehicle I wanted. Also, the 2012 Pilot Touring made a nice trade in. Very happy with my Elite Luna Silver PP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts