Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The Fast Lane Car, TFL Truck, and TFL now which are Youtube channels.. They are a virtual advertisement for Colorado and Moab. Very off road and towing biased. I hope you have heard of them otherwise you'll be watching their videos for months.:)

Hahaha, never heard of this. I'll definitely spend some time on it on my days off.
Love it, thanks!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wow, Moab, I feel like we have TFL here on the forum! Looks like you are living the life out there and have been there done that with dream vehicles.
Life is strange. I just found out this afternoon that the guy who just bought my FJ, was involved in an off road head on collision 2 days ago. Both parties are OK.
Be careful out their folks.
27307300414756.jpeg

Reactions: DudeCS

·
Registered
107 Posts
MJ; you might want to forward those first two photos to Honda. The Wrangler and FJ have serious off-road chops - and they can do it without having black wheels. :sneaky:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
MJ; you might want to forward those first two photos to Honda. The Wrangler and FJ have serious off-road chops - and they can do it without having black wheels. :sneaky:
Hahaha, right
I apologize for the ugly 18" chrome wheels on the Jeep. They were replaced with 15" black and machined wheels in short order. The grill was chrome too.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So back on topic, are any of you interested in running a couple of these trails any time soon or even in the spring? Let's hope 2021 is a h3ll of a lot better than 2020.

I know they close down Shafer Switchbacks when it is icy. But, as stated before, you can run these practically year round.

·
Registered
573 Posts
So back on topic, are any of you interested in running a couple of these trails any time soon or even in the spring? Let's hope 2021 is a h3ll of a lot better than 2020.

I know they close down Shafer Switchbacks when it is icy. But, as stated before, you can run these practically year round.
@Moab Junky ... Tentatively, my earliest date is early March? That is also dependent on everything settling down or if crowds are at a minimum. Will keep you posted. Thanks.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
@Moab Junky ... Tentatively, my earliest date is early March? That is also dependent on everything settling down or if crowds are at a minimum. Will keep you posted. Thanks.
Sounds good. I've wheeled all through this covid crap. While trail and town traffic is probably down a little, its very easy to social distance and enjoy the trip.

Went twice last month, dined in, no issues.

March would be perfect. We'll see how the planets lign up.

MJ

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
That sucks but everyone gets to drive another day.....

I guess you could tell these guys a lot.
Thanks for the props..
mabey....I'm still learning.

I'll watch these on days off.
I will say, if the jeep has open differentials and the FJ is locked in the back, the FJ will easily out wheel it. Against a Rubicon or locked Jeep, not so.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Wow, Moab, I feel like we have TFL here on the forum! Looks like you are living the life out there and have been there done that with dream vehicles.
I watched your videos. Loved the X3/Ram shoot out. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Excellent information, thank you for sharing! Planning on going down to Utah soon! Would you recommend a front skid plate before attempting these?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Excellent information, thank you for sharing! Planning on going down to Utah soon! Would you recommend a front skid plate before attempting these?
Thanks and you are welcome..
Skids offer great protection however,
We ran Shafer Switchbacks trail stock and never made contact with anything but the tires.
Your experience may differ.
My tires are 30.1 " tall.

Have fun.

Reactions: nefilim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks and you are welcome..
Skids offer great protection however,
We ran Shafer Switchbacks trail stock and never made contact with anything but the tires.
Your experience may differ.
My tires are 30.1 " tall.

Have fun.
Good to hear thanks, I'm a little lower with my snow tires at 29.04" 🤔

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Good to hear thanks, I'm a little lower with my snow tires at 29.04" 🤔
I think you will be fine on that trail.
When in doubt, get out!.....and look.

Reactions: nefilim

·
Registered
573 Posts
@Moab Junky... Have you been to Goblin State Park, not far from Moab? We previously drove by Goblin State Park on UT-24, but in the wrong type of vehicle to venture in. Also, loved UT-24 because it is a great driving road with beautiful scenery through Capitol Reef, Escalante and Bryce.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Oops,, forgot to hit send yesterday.

We have not, drive by it every time we go to Lake Powell. We have family that go there annually.

That whole San Rafael Swell area which I drove through on I-70 yesterday is breathtaking.

Our family just parks and. Mtn bikes or hikes it usually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Come on man ! The Passport is an all wheel drive station wagon. You can pretend it's an offroad machine all you want. Stay on that gravel road and you will be ok. Or feel free to flex it in the Home Depot parking lot.
Yes I have a Passport and I really like it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Willyb ,

I never said it would traverse large obstacles or handle trails like Metal Masher or Hells Revenge.
In fact, I took a pic of a relatively small dip in the road, similar in height of a city curb, and stated that I almost drug my muffler on the ground.
Not embellishing or pretending here, it is what it is.
There are several named "trails" in the greater Moab area that a stock Passport should be able to travel without incurring damage.

I must say, these Passports are far better than any wagon I've ever seen.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport Elite (Modern Steel Metallic, Black Interior)
105 Posts
Looking to do a trip out to Utah to do the Big-5. I'm looking at mid- to late-March. I'm finally installing my 2" Truxxx front/rear lift, so will have a bit more clearance. I've ordered my swing-out tire hitch carrier, but it may not come in before I get on the road. I'm looking at doing the Schaffer Trail and maybe some other trails. Have you (Moab Junky) attempted any other trails out there? Once I narrow down dates, maybe we can meet up, hit the trails, and you can show me some good camping sites.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I've only done the Shaffer trail in our Passport. The scenery is amazing.
We are having a home built in Southern Utah right now, so 2021 is going to be crazy for us.
Shoot me a message before you leave and we'll see if I can hook up with you.
Happy trails.

Reactions: CaveGator
21 - 40 of 41 Posts