Honda Passport Forum banner

Mirror - power fold in users?

14K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  ProdGirl 
#1 ·
Do any current owners use the power folding mirrors when they park?

Do they remain folded on while the car is off? Is it a hassle to fold them in via button every time?

I’ll need to fold mine after purchase and concerned about this feature/functionality.

#2 ·
This is certainly just my experience and preference, but I like the fact that you manually fold or unfold them. I have a tight garage so I need to fold them before I pull in and then unfold them after I exit. Having it set up to automatically just fold once the car is in Park would not work for me. Maybe having the "option" for that would be nice but I pretty much leave them in normal position unless I'm pulling into or out of my garage. I might fold them in a tight parking space or if I am street parking, but again, I just find it nice to push the button and fold them when I want to.

#3 ·
Thanks DaveG. It sounds like is just like what I'll need to do - manually (with the power button) when I park in the garage. And keep them in the closed position until I back out of the garage the next time I drive (and reopen via the button).

I was concerned that the car would automatically unfold them without me choosing to do so. When I was at the dealer, it seemed to do that when I opened the car door (but still running). My garage cannot hold the car with extended mirrors :)

#11 ·
I have to fold in my mirrors to park in my stupid tiny ass garage! They stay folded until I press the button to unfold (even when the car is off). You can save the preset for your mirror and seats and they go back to the original spots when you unfold. It's no hassle - just a push of the button.
Vehicle Car Technology Compact car Machine

#12 ·
I have to fold in my mirrors to park in my stupid tiny ass garage! They stay folded until I press the button to unfold (even when the car is off). You can save the preset for your mirror and seats and they go back to the original spots when you unfold. It's no hassle - just a push of the button.
View attachment 2177
it may be easier to park if you didn't have to put your PP on its side every time you wanted to back into garage
:D:ROFLMAO:

#14 ·
Wow, that is a tight fit!

To answer an earlier question, I’ve not found a situation yet where the mirrors unfold without pressing the button. I found myself once traveling down the highway before I realized I hadn’t unfolded them!

Personally, I wish they were automatic, but as I stated in a different thread, I’d be satisfied if I could fold them after I turned the engine off but before I opened the driver-side door.

#15 ·
I bought my 2021 Elite because of the power folding mirrors. I test drove it specifically to check if it fits in my garage. I have to fold my mirrors or I can't drive it in. What I haven't tested is to manually fold them. I checked the user manual and there isn't any information if they can be manually folded. I then searched this forum and didn't find any information. Has anyone tried this?

#16 ·
Good to know I’m not the only one with a garage size issue!

So my brother drove my Passport a couple months ago to the store from his house. When he parked it he folded the mirrors in manually. They did fold. But I didn’t know he did it that way, so when I hit the button button to unfold before driving the next day, they made a stumbling move and noise. They went back to normal, but didn’t sound happy.

Reactions: Moab Junky
#20 ·
Nice! My hands free never worked, the dealer couldn’t figure it out, and I had the old CRV with a swing door, plus I can’t use my tailgate in my garage...but figured I had three other ways to open it, I didn’t care. I ended up disconnecting it recently anyway because I put a tow hitch on.

Also you can get a free manual from Honda if you order it in 30 days I think. Do you need that link?
I ended up learning almost everything here. And if not, I have the pdf and do a word search.

Here is the mirror tilt thing.

#30 ·
Like many of you I too have to pull the mirrors in to get in and out of my garage; it's a 2 car garage but it has 2 single doors. I always pull my mirrors in when parking parallel on the street. And especially in parking lots, too many people cutting between cars.

Reactions: ProdGirl
#31 ·
For me the mirrors go in every time I park the car. I don't have to for our 3 car garage, but if I do there is more walking space between my car and the wife car. The third space is taken up by my wood shop.

When out and about I also always close them. Less likely for some inattentive individual to walk into or hit the mirror. I do however push the mirror button once I turn off the car. When I get back in and start the car they automatically extend.

#32 ·
I have an Elite with power folding mirrors. Not a problem to use or unfold. Fortunately, I can get in my garage without folding them in. Just one more thing to worry about years from now.... glad I got a bumper-to-bumper extended warranty. YRMV.

#33 ·
Ok, so I may have missed it, but can they automatically fold in every time you turn off the vehicle be a setting? I don't have any space constraints, but at work I'd like them to go in without having to remember to push the button.

#34 ·
No you have to hit the button every time to fold them in. No setting. You can get them to fold out on start. After you fold them in and shut the vehicle off press the fold button again, the next time you start the vehicle they will automatically fold out. But even that has to be repeated every time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.