Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Daimyo
2021 Honda Passport Elite - Tonbo-Giri⛩️
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came to find out that Michelin is offering their popular CrossClimate 2 tire in size 265/45R20 that is the factory tire size for my 2021 Passport Elite.

My criteria for a replacement tire is that it must be an all weather rated tire (not just all season) and the choices are very limited in size 265/45R20. I have heard a lot of rave reviews on the CC2 tires but boy are they pricey at over $300 per tire in 265/45R20 size. I think they would be worth it as I never cheap out on tires but still that is still a chunk of change for what you get.

Of note they do carry a 6 year, 60000 mile warranty that is very good for both an all weather tire and a tire in this size.

·
Registered
533 Posts
There are two things I know Michelin tires for, pricey and performance, but you can't go wrong if you invest in them.
I also love the thread pattern of the CrossClimate 2, I will consider it as a replacement for our present Defender LTX M/S.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually had the CrossClimate 2's on a 2018 Audi Q5 (235/55/19) for about 15K miles before I traded the car in for the Passport. Was a good performing tire overall for both wet/snow/dry conditions. I live in the pacific northwest and the wet traction was way better than the stock tires that came on the car (Continental Cross Contact). Fewer instances of hydroplaning on highways at higher speeds and felt a lot safer in the rain. In the snow, it handled well enough when its lightly packed on the road. It is also 3 peak mountain snowflake rated, so a nice option when you have to deal with snow more frequently on roads that require specific rated tires or chains. Only downside I experienced with this tire was the grip while turning at higher speeds or very quick steering movements (just didn't feel as planted), but honestly I don't think this would matter much as most people wont be going 40-50 on a 25MPH turn all the time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
FYI, three peak symbol doesn't mean it's better than similar tires that don't have it. With that being said, I don't think you can go wrong with Michelin tires. I am more a Pirelli guy myself.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,881 Posts
I’m running with Michelin - Pilot Sport All Season - 275/45/R20.
Got then in October 2019 for $325 each, surprised you found them for just $300 with costs today.
Not a single issue plus they have kept away the curb rash.
Had two sets of a similar line on my CRV and never an issues.

Mine just have a 24/7 roadside tow or repair for 3 years, how’d you find the 6 year?

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
8 Posts
We had the Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires on our 2016 Subaru Outback for several month prior to just recently selling the car. We live in Wisconsin, so I had the opportunity to drive in all sorts of weather while they were on the car. I was very impressed with the tires and would buy them again. There's no doubt that you pay a premium for a Michelin tire, but in my opinion they're worth the extra money.

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
841 Posts
Where are the pictures?

Reactions: adventure22
1 - 10 of 10 Posts