Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know no one probably knows quite yet, but wanting to lower my passport some. Curious if the MDX springs will work since it shares the same platform as the pilot which the passport is based off of.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've looked at a lot of truck and SUV forums and it's universally true that people either want to lift them or lower them. The lifting and offroad aftermarket will take off first, but interest will build for performance lowering as sales grow. Check the Pilot and Ridgeline forums because people have already asked about it or tried it there. I'll bet there will be both offroad and street performance versions of the Passport at the next SEMA show.

Lowering suspension springs
Lowered 2g Ridgeline
Lowering the G2 RL?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you lowering it for any particular reason or just want a cleaner look in the wheel wells? Wonder if dropping it any will result in any noticeable difference in fuel economy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically for a cleaner look, trying to retain to great ride quality though since it’s my wives daily. Fuel economy should increase since Honda’s reasoning that it was lower was due to the increased ride height.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Basically for a cleaner look, trying to retain to great ride quality though since it’s my wives daily. Fuel economy should increase since Honda’s reasoning that it was lower was due to the increased ride height.
And yet at the LA auto show they claimed it was to have 8.4 inches of ground clearance, and yet it only has 8.1. Only .8 more than Pilot. So Honda messed something up. So much for having that so called
non Honda 9 speed for this smaller SUV to get better MPG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts