Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently on my 2nd Pilot, and I love my 2016 Pilot Elite, but I only use the 3rd row for hauling stuff home from Lowe’s or Home Depot. I am really anxious to test drive the Passport Elite. Currently in WI, I can’t find any dealers who have an Elite on the lot.

The Elite is so roomy and is so comfortable, it’s hard to give up. I’m considering moving to 2019 3.6L Outback (Touring), but I’m worried I’ll miss the high road view and the roominess and comfort of the Pilot. The Passport seems to be a great option. I’m not enthused with the MPG though, as I currently commute 60 miles/day. And the Passport price point on the Elite seems high.

I only have 34,000 miles on the Pilot - just looking for something a little smaller. I’m hoping the Passport is the one! (Although I despise the electronic gear shifter). My current Pilot overall is great, I’m one of the lucky ones with no vibration issues. I do get the audio issues though. And I’m glad to see the Passport has a radio button!

Can’t wait to see how the Passport drives!

·
Super Moderator
1,120 Posts
Welcome, MantyPam, wow, with only 34k miles, your Pilot is practically still new, not trying to tell you what to do or how to spend your money, but it seems like it would be a very expensive switch, considering what they will give you for your trade in and no current discounts off MSRP on the Passport, if in your position, I would drive the Pilot at least until the end of the year or until they start discounting... Cheers!

·
Registered
152 Posts
They will love to low ball your trade and sell you at Passport at MSRP.

I understand you want a new vehicle. But as you said you love your Pilot. You are going to lose a lot trading it in.

You can but a 2019 Pilot 3-4 k below MSRP. They are not coming off MSRP on Passport very easily yet.... but they will.

Wait a few months. In this case the early bird catches the bad deal.

If you really want to get a new car your best bet would be to sell your Pilot yourself . It's not that hard to do. Go to sites NADA, Kelly Blue book and get private sale and trade in value. Sell with face book for free.

If you must trade in I suggest starting the negotiating with no trade. Only after you nail down the price for the Passport. Then say now let's discuss what you will give me for my Pilot. Be prepared with Nada and Kelly blue book and demand top of trade range. Your Pilot is barely broken in.

But, if money his no issue , and some are lucky like that. Go get a car with no hassle and lose 5 k or more

·
Registered
349 Posts
Currently on my 2nd Pilot, and I love my 2016 Pilot Elite, but I only use the 3rd row for hauling stuff home from Lowe’s or Home Depot. I am really anxious to test drive the Passport Elite. Currently in WI, I can’t find any dealers who have an Elite on the lot.

The Elite is so roomy and is so comfortable, it’s hard to give up. I’m considering moving to 2019 3.6L Outback (Touring), but I’m worried I’ll miss the high road view and the roominess and comfort of the Pilot. The Passport seems to be a great option. I’m not enthused with the MPG though, as I currently commute 60 miles/day. And the Passport price point on the Elite seems high.

I only have 34,000 miles on the Pilot - just looking for something a little smaller. I’m hoping the Passport is the one! (Although I despise the electronic gear shifter). My current Pilot overall is great, I’m one of the lucky ones with no vibration issues. I do get the audio issues though. And I’m glad to see the Passport has a radio button!

Can’t wait to see how the Passport drives!
I had a 2016 Pilot Elite too, I loved it also. It came down to I didn’t need the 3rd seat, rear captain seats, home theater, head phones, etc... So I sold it out rite, got good money for it.. I’m driveing a 2017 CR-V that has trouble heating “Minnesota” and has oil migration issues. I am looking for a luxurious 5 passenger SUV with a V6, hence Passport...
Patty asked me before I put money down on our 2019 Passport what I disliked about the new SUV, told her without hesitation “push button tranny”. But, that is a little issue compared to the Magnificent vehicle that it is,,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts