Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain the difference between the Link button and the Assist button? I didn’t want to press the Assist button since it’s secured behind the little trap door... figured Honda wants you to mean to push it and not by accident.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looking at the online owner's manual I can't find much to help you. From what I did find and what I remember my salesman telling me, the Link button actually tries to connect with an operator if your airbags go off or if your vehicle sustains a large amount of damage in an accident. It will automatically try to connect using your connected phone.

The Assist button is for you to push in an emergency, almost like calling 911. I believe you have to have an active subscription to HondaLink for these to work or be within the free trial period.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at the online owner's manual I can't find much to help you. From what I did find and what I remember my salesman telling me, the Link button actually tries to connect with an operator if your airbags go off or if your vehicle sustains a large amount of damage in an accident. It will automatically try to connect using your connected phone.

The Assist button is for you to push in an emergency, almost like calling 911. I believe you have to have an active subscription to HondaLink for these to work or be within the free trial period.
Thank you. Can’t find much out there about them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thank you. Can’t find much out there about them.
I know! They have 100 pages about seat belts, 90 about tires and child seats, but one little paragraph about the Link button and NOTHING I could find about the ASSIST button! I exaggerated about the number of pages for the seat belts, etc but you get the idea.

Perhaps Treihing can be a little more helpful and post where in the manual this information can be found :unsure:

Reactions: jims1405

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Link button:
View attachment 3970

Assist Button:
View attachment 3971

So the "Assist" button is the one to use for real emergencies.
Thank you!!!!! (y) So the Link information is under Audio System Basic Operation and the Assist is under the Bluetooth HandsFreeLink HFL Menu and neither "Link" or "Assist" are listed in the Index. Guess I should go back and read all 652 pages. I really appreciate your help Homer from New York. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thank you!!!!! (y) So the Link information is under Audio System Basic Operation and the Assist is under the Bluetooth HandsFreeLink HFL Menu and neither "Link" or "Assist" are listed in the Index. Guess I should go back and read all 652 pages. I really appreciate your help Homer from New York. Thanks again!!
I find its very helpful to have the PDF version of the manual so any word(s) can be searched. Particularly useful for those terms not in the index ...

Reactions: jims1405
1 - 9 of 9 Posts