Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced all interior halogen bulbs with LEDs bought on Amazon for $14. Nice bright cool white. Easy install just be careful not to crack plastic lenses.
Serious led Bright 3030 $13.95.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yepper, LED's always the first mod I do to all my new rides. Mostly easy to do and such an improvement. just need to let bulbs cool and take your time with it. I did the reverse lights on my Touring as well, very, very easy. And such a great improvement. To me, it offers way better lighting in the backup camera when in reverse. I finally got around to doing the wife's Crosstour interior lights last week. She loves the results.

And although I bought the Side Lighting for my Pport on the day I purchased it back in May, dealer dropped the ball on scheduling that install, by a few weeks. Then I had things where I could not get to them to do it. Finally, last Wednesday I dropped it off for that install. My wife followed later in her Crosstour so I wouldn't have to just sit for 2-3 hours. I do like the lighting it offers on the ground below my Touring now. They go on and off with the door lights fade sequence.

While I waited, my salesman was showing me the Accords, CRV's etc, on their lot. I told him my wife might want a new Honda soon. Once she showed up, he gave me a '19 CRV EX-L to go get some lunch in. Nice little ride, felt small of course in comparison to my PPort. Wife didn't love it. They wanted to do a trade inspect on her '13 Crosstour EX-L while we were at lunch. I told them she was not quite ready for thatt.

So we had very nice Cuban Sandwiches at a cafe nearby, then they texted me my Touring was ready. So I scooted back to dealers', real fast, in the CR-V. Cute little turbo, 4 banger; but not to my liking either. Thinking back now, I shoulda taken a Ridgeline. Been fun to compare the 2nd Gen to my now gone, '12 Ridgy-RTS.

peace, e.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yepper, LED's always the first mod I do to all my new rides. Mostly easy to do and such an improvement. just need to let bulbs cool and take your time with it. I did the reverse lights on my Touring as well, very, very easy. And such a great improvement. To me, it offers way better lighting in the backup camera when in reverse. I finally got around to doing the wife's Crosstour interior lights last week. She loves the results.

And although I bought the Side Lighting for my Pport on the day I purchased it back in May, dealer dropped the ball on scheduling that install, by a few weeks. Then I had things where I could not get to them to do it. Finally, last Wednesday I dropped it off for that install. My wife followed later in her Crosstour so I wouldn't have to just sit for 2-3 hours. I do like the lighting it offers on the ground below my Touring now. They go on and off with the door lights fade sequence.

While I waited, my salesman was showing me the Accords, CRV's etc, on their lot. I told him my wife might want a new Honda soon. Once she showed up, he gave me a '19 CRV EX-L to go get some lunch in. Nice little ride, felt small of course in comparison to my PPort. Wife didn't love it. They wanted to do a trade inspect on her '13 Crosstour EX-L while we were at lunch. I told them she was not quite ready for thatt.

So we had very nice Cuban Sandwiches at a cafe nearby, then they texted me my Touring was ready. So I scooted back to dealers', real fast, in the CR-V. Cute little turbo, 4 banger; but not to my liking either. Thinking back now, I shoulda taken a Ridgeline. Been fun to compare the 2nd Gen to my now gone, '12 Ridgy-RTS.

peace, e.
Good idea to do the reverse lights as well. Could you please let me know what bulbs you used for that?
Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
IIRC, series bulbs #7443 for my reverse lights. You may want to do a search here to verify this. Good luck.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Good idea to do the reverse lights as well. Could you please let me know what bulbs you used for that?
Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yup, those are the ones' I bought. EZ-PZ!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Someone above here mentioned the Sirus LEDs for interior. But aren’t a few bulbs two side connection type?
No. All the inside bulbs are the same (doors and overhead).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks! Just replaced them all.

However, the Sirus bulbs did not fit in the lower door panel lights. They seemed too wide.

Anyone else have that issue?

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
374 Posts
I went with Lasfit interior LED number "194 168 CANBUS Error Free". Very pleased with the light these LEDs put out. The attached pics are taken in a completely dark garage and with no flash set on my phone, only light is from the interior LEDs. Also have the backup lights by Lasfit, again very pleased with the light output.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm happy with my set of led interior lights.interior led

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,170 Posts
I will accept the current interior lighting schemes; what I would like to see are EXTERIOR lights that illuminate an upcoming dark turn - when signaling.
I mostly live/ drive in the country and often times my approaching turns are very dark/ poorly lighted. A former 85 Buick did a fine job of providing an optional "side light".

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
374 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
see above post #11 for an $11 set or go to this LINK for a $6 set.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts