Honda Passport Forum banner

LED grill lights (Raptor style)

18K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  ares 
#1 · (Edited)
I saw a picture of a Passport that had these installed.

Trying to figure out where to tap for switched power so that they come on with the DRLs or parking lights.

I tried to piggyback to the parking light fuse (Fuse box under hood) but that is a constant on power controlled by the steering column lights switch. The LEDs will come on as soon as grounded even if the lights switch is off.

Tap into DRL or parking lights power at the headlight assembly?

Not my photo.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire

See less See more
#5 ·
^ Distraction and/or "impersonating" a police/emergency vehicle.

#7 ·
So there is no straight answer to your question per say...there is a couple of ways you can do it...

I wouldn't tap into the any of the headlights. But that's just my experience from previous cars I did things that was catastrophic😁.

In order to tap into the fuse for the DLR you would have to run a wire through the firewall or through the hole under neath the drivers floorboard, that hole under drivers floor is used to run the wires for the LED lights on the running boards....

It's all about personal preference, I always prefer to safe separate independent switch to any additional wires that power any thing aftermarket.
If you do the independent switch, you should run an in-line fuse based on whatever amperage your acc. draw.....

#14 ·
Trying to figure out where to tap for switched power so that they come on with the DRLs or parking lights.

I tried to piggyback to the parking light fuse (Fuse box under hood) but that is a constant on power controlled by the steering column lights switch. The LEDs will come on as soon as grounded even if the lights switch is off.

Tap into DRL or parking lights power at the headlight assembly?
In order to tap into the fuse for the DLR you would have to run a wire through the firewall or through the hole under neath the drivers floorboard, that hole under drivers floor is used to run the wires for the LED lights on the running boards....
If you want to avoid splicing, and are comfortable with a fuse-tap/add-a-circuit, and don't mind running a wire from the under-dash fuse box to engine compartment to your grille, this is the fuse that ONLY controls DRL circuit and nothing else . . .

#18 ·
The do look cool, "pol-leze" keep us informed how the law reacts...!

Reactions: Nipper Dog
#21 ·
@raffyak I like these lights and look great on an all black grille. This goes on my to–do–list.👍

Reactions: raffyak
#27 ·
I know this is an old thread BUT...

This is the first time seeing this thread and I really liked the light set up the OP found on the 3rd party PP. If and when I add anymore lighting, it's going to be hood mounted ditch lights.

There was/is ZERO chance of being cited in California for aftermarket off-road white or yellow fog lights. ZERO. That coming from 40 years of still native California licensed driving experience with family, friend, associates and business client CHP officers as a reliable source.

That is definitely a California license plate.

Fingers crossed that some off-road company will come up with a heavy duty (yet light chromoly) utilitarian front bumper. Would be nice to have the option for a winch, tow hooks and light placements.

#28 ·
Would be nice to have the option for a winch, tow hooks and light placements.
Has anyone pulled the front bumper yet? Would be interested to see what the mount points are for (at the very least) tow hooks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.