Honda Passport Forum banner

Leather Seat Wear

10K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  darksky 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I’ve had my Passport for 4 months and am noticing a substantial amount of cushion wear on the drivers seat. In the middle of the bottom you can feel and see due to the leather where the cushion has given in. Anyone else? I sat in a friends 3 year old Pilot and the seat was pretty close if not a bit better shape. I’m fine with normal wear it’s just thinking down the road I’d prefer not sitting on what feels like a lawn chair.

#2 ·
I don't notice any cushion wear, but it seems like the leather stretches out a bit right where you sit. Upon exiting the vehicle the leather is kind of puckered and wavy, I notice it in the passenger seat as well when my wife gets out...it does flatten out overnight mostly but I too am concerned that this is not a good sign of wear this early on, I have only about 700 miles on the odo. My wife's Lexus has 38,500 miles on it and the leather seats still look brand new with no signs of wear or stretching.

#3 ·
I put Sheepskin seat Inserts in my PP, bought them here:

The look great, feel super soft and protect the main wearable part of your seats!

#4 ·
My driver seat stopped “flattening out” overnight after two months. I accept I’m a bit larger than average but I’d expect this at 6 years, not 6 months with under 10k miles. Friend of mine has a 3 year old Pilot and the seats look brand new in comparison, must be different construction.

#5 ·
The leather seems to be quite thin if that makes sense. I went out and bought some new conditioner and will be using it religiously. But, I’ve always done that with leather interior. I’d rather have cloth as leather drives my ocd nuts! Never had leather seats where I didn’t continuously notice a new wrinkle, some fade, or whatever.

Happy to hear they are sinking in though as while my bony butt doesn’t find them uncomfortable, a little break in would be nice.

#7 ·
I'm sure that after a couple of years of sliding in and out of the seat it will be trashed. Have had the vehicle for a little over 3 weeks, leather driver's seat is already socked down and sagged. I'm only medium build and 170 lb. Not holding out much hope for longevity for these seats.

#16 ·
Nearly all automotive leather, except in ultra high priced luxury cars is colored and coated so in reality most conditioners have little or no effect penetrating and softening the leather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.