Honda Passport Forum banner

Leather Interior Question

7K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  darksky 
#1 ·
I presume the perforated parts of the seat (in the Elite) are leather, but how much of the rest of the seat is?

Has anyone looked closely, or does anyone know what else in the interior is real leather - if anything?

I've been fooled before. ;)

Thanks,

Pauley

#3 ·
All the visible surfaces? Seat backs? Sides? All sides of the head rest?

While I appreciate guesses and opinions, I've already got those. ;) I'm trying to see if anyone really knows.

In looking at the following picture, what's made out of real leather?

Vehicle Car seat cover Car Car seat Minivan

#12 · (Edited)
All the visible surfaces? Seat backs? Sides? All sides of the head rest?

While I appreciate guesses and opinions, I've already got those. ;) I'm trying to see if anyone really knows.

In looking at the following picture, what's made out of real leather?

View attachment 887
I'm willing to bet the surfaces in the illustration are not leather, and only the seating surfaces are leather.

#8 ·
Pretty much any product that is safe for leather will work just as well on the vinyl portions. After all, most leather in mainstream cars these days is PVC-coated anyway. Really anything safe for vinyl would technically also work, but may leave the surface slick and greasy to the touch. Something like 303 would theoretically protect the surface. Using whatever leather or vinyl safe product you choose should cause no harm.

#13 ·
has anyone found an issue with the 'vented' seats and them collecting dust, dirt, crumbs?
or is it too soon?

#16 ·
has anyone found an issue with the 'vented' seats and them collecting dust, dirt, crumbs?
or is it too soon?
Nope, not in the 4 weeks I've owned it, but I have not eaten in it either, and I am installing some Sheepskin Inserts on the seats this weekend..

#14 ·
On a couple of previous vehicles when I noticed something stuck in one of the "holes", I gently used a pin to clear it. Haven't yet had to try it on the Passport. Proceed with caution if you do this.

Reactions: ProdGirl
#15 ·
I'm not sure how Honda describes the leather seats, but some manufacturers use the term "leather seating surfaces" to designate that not all the seat is leather, only the part you sit on. I read recently someone sued Mercedes because their terminology implied the entire seat was leather. They won the lawsuit and the manufacturer had to recover the entire seats in leather.

#25 ·
I use these for cleaning my teeth, and I tried one to clean the holes in the leather seats. Works perfect, just the right size.

Material property

Reactions: Pdog
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.