Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like a nice vehicle. I'm contemplating the same one.

I'd be very (and pleasantly) surprised if an Elite is closer to $40K than $50. I don't see how the MSRP of the Passport will be 10% less than the Pilot. (But I hope I'm wrong!)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like a nice vehicle. I'm contemplating the same one.

I'd be very (and pleasantly) surprised if an Elite is closer to $40K than $50. I don't see how the MSRP of the Passport will be 10% less than the Pilot. (But I hope I'm wrong!)
Maybe 10% due to less metal and less seats and less AC vents etc.

Ridgeline maxes out around $43k i think. So, Passport around that would be reasonable.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Even before that sale date arrives I bet right now you can spot some passports at dealers. Sometimes corporate takes them around to dealers for first showings.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just reserved one today. Sadly, They may not get to Canada until March or April.
Joe, my Dealer in Ontario said they were getting theirs in February sometime.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That would be nice. I really do need it before August so that should not be a problem. I am in Ontario also. My alternative is to buy a $50,945 Highlander and spend 2k on sound proofing. I am leaning toward the Honda but admire the unwavering Quality that Toyota maintains. Honda is good but seems to trip by pushing things out quicker than they should.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That would be nice. I really do need it before August so that should not be a problem. I am in Ontario also. My alternative is to buy a $50,945 Highlander and spend 2k on sound proofing. I am leaning toward the Honda but admire the unwavering Quality that Toyota maintains. Honda is good but seems to trip by pushing things out quicker than they should.
If you get much snow up there. Your much better off with the Honda's AWD system than
the Highlander. Watch the TFL comparison on the 2016's.
Yes, Honda is pushing out this Plagued 9 speed in this short term generation Passport.
In a few years, they will squeeze in the Honda made 10 speed in the next generation of
Passport. Check out Alex on Autos on the 2018 Honda Odyssey.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Honda is also having an issue with fuel getting into the oil on their CRV Turbo. I am really hoping that the 9 speed is fixed. They said the 10-speed would not fit the Passport but that statement seems implausible. More than likely, they can't meet demand with the 10 speed.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts