Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Passport EX-L AWD
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

My name is Jason and I wanted to start a build thread to track the progression of my 2019 Passport EX-L. I am a big car enthusiast. I enjoy working on, learning about and just overall caring for cars. It's therapeutic for me. I am very excited to get working on the Passport and see what adventures I can experience with it.

The Details:

Vehicle:
2019 Honda Passport EX-L
Color: White Diamond Pearl (WDP)
Date Purchased: May 15, 2021
Mileage at Purchase: 22,996

A little background, my love for cars started when I purchased a 2006 Honda Civic Si coupe in March of 2011. I was 19 years old at the time and it was my first major purchase. As soon as I purchased the car I instantly fell in love with cars. I would find myself tinkering around on the Civic for no real reason and I would search the forums (8thcivic) for hours on end.

A couple photos of the Si:

How the car looked when I bought it:

The first car show I attended with the Si:

Honda Day where I won Top 100:

This was one of my favorite "phases". The wheels were MB Battles and were very aggressive. I enjoyed them for awhile but they got to be real annoying. Every bump or imperfection in the road would cause the tire to rub and I was not willing to roll the fenders. Finding a shop to align a lowered car was also a challenge, at least at the time:

I have owned the Si for over 10 years now and have put on 170,000 reliable miles. Today, the car is much less attractive. The clearcoat is all but gone and the car has plenty of scrapes, dents and a whole ton of rust. So much rust that the right rear pinch weld completely rusted off. Thanks NJ winters!

So, with life changes and not being 19 anymore, it was time for a bigger car. After about a year of researching and test driving, I landed on the Passport as the ideal next car. It's a little more vehicle than I need at the moment but, with the length of time I tend to hold onto cars, I should be able to grow into the Passport nicely. First impressions, this car is a major upgrade from the Si. In room, comfort, and features. The Si didn't have AC the past 3 years so I am enjoying that for sure.

The day I purchased the Passport:

I already have a couple of updates and random photos to share which I will put below in a new post.

I am still trying to figure out exactly what my plans will be with the Passport. I want to use the Passport for camping and very light off-roading adventures but I will also daily drive it (I still drive the Si from time to time). Since I like tinkering and DIY'ing with cars, I am sure I will go through phases and change it up multiple times. I would like to create some DIY guides for upgrades, maintenance, etc. I also am an avid detailer. I have ran a side car detailing business in the past so I will most likely try out some new products with the Passport and share the results. Most of all, this will act as a memory bank for myself so I can look back the progression of this awesome car.

Let the journey begin!

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
280 Posts
Bro! Flashing that 8th gen in my face brings back so many good times I had with my 8th gen Si! A lot of current and previous Si owners in here. Always welcome people that likes to mod their vehicles, imo , this is how one makes a vehicle special!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First order of business was taking the car to the local body shop to fix some damage that I was aware of (and negotiated with) when I bought the car

Whoever owned the car before me must have scrapped up against something, pressing in a small piece of the left rear door. This caused the doors to no longer align on the passenger side. Luckily, all the damage was on and under the plastics so the body work was minimal. I probably didn't have to fix it but it was a relatively cheap repair and there was a small amount of rust showing under the plastics. The body shop took care of that which helps me sleep better at night.

After 3 days at the shop, all fixed:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bro! Flashing that 8th gen in my face brings back so many good times I had with my 8th gen Si! A lot of current and previous Si owners in here. Always welcome people that likes to mod their vehicles, imo , this is how one makes a vehicle special!
This was actually the first year of the 8th generation Si. In 2006 they only offered the Si in 2 door and I kicked myself for years for not getting an 07 or newer sedan.

Either way, looking back at the photos I have and even the old build thread I have on 8thcivic brings back so many memories. I met some many people because of that car and had the time of my life. Those were the days when I would drive to a parking lot in town at night and wait for others to drive by randomly and stop to hang out.

I still would like to buy another 8th generation Si at some point in the future. One that is in better shape than my current one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took the Passport on its first road trip from NJ to Lake Ontario in upstate NY. About 5 hours of driving each way and it performed great. I tried out the ACC and, like many before me have mentioned, it was not very smooth. Lots of slamming on the brakes and jerky acceleration. In light traffic situations, it performed adequately so I am not too concerned with it. I also rented a Mazda 2 years ago that had ACC and it was much more refined than the Passport.

Some random photos from up at the lake house:

And a photo from the front porch:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice Si
I had one of the first 06si coupes (retrofitted with navi, hfp kit, te37s and one of 32 comptech supercharged before they went under.

miss that car alot!

very clean, im in nj also and 90% of the fg’s i see are heavily abused or oxidized paint!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts