Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couldn’t make out the last sentence....what tool did you use and how much at Advanced Auto
sorry bout typo, tool was 11 dollars at advanced auto, don't remember name but show my pic of tool. they are good but not as long as oems, but much wider. good luck

·
Registered
2020 Passport Sport (looking to purchase soon)
7 Posts
Looks good. I was wondering why Honda decided to go with the first gen style Honda CR-V armrests in the new Passport. I remember how uncomfortable they were in the CR-V. I like your mod. Looks like you can tolerate the longer road traveled now. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool, put that in my list of mods. I have been thinking about how I could modify on my own and this looks like a better way Than I could come up with lol. My other thought was to design a extension of that would sit on top of the center console raising it up to a comfortable level with a hinged lid. Anyone know of anything like that out there?
thanks

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,109 Posts
Cool, put that in my list of mods. I have been thinking about how I could modify on my own and this looks like a better way Than I could come up with lol. My other thought was to design a extension of that would sit on top of the center console raising it up to a comfortable level with a hinged lid. Anyone know of anything like that out there?
thanks
My first thoughts, was they were too narrow as well, but after 14 months of ownership, I actually don't use the arm rest that much. I guess everyone is different and if you were "an armrest kinda person" those big wide ones would fit the bill. I had two thoughts on the matter: (1) get a Sheepskin sleeve that fits over the existing armrest, it would certainly be more comfortable then the stock ones. (2) Get an over-sized ( 1-2" wider) Sheepskin sleeve and put some foam in it, that would it would be slightly bigger and be soft as well..

·
Registered
524 Posts
Couldn’t make out the last sentence....what tool did you use and how much at Advanced Auto
It's called a pickle fork.

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
went for it money wise as i found armrests to narrow, install was ok w right tool and dont put passenger side in passenger side lol. heres pics. tool i used in in picsas well 1 bucks at advanced auto.
Which tool did you use to take out the clamp in the passenger side arm rest. I cannot even see what kind of screwdriver to use.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L Modern Steel Metallic
45 Posts
My first thoughts, was they were too narrow as well, but after 14 months of ownership, I actually don't use the arm rest that much. I guess everyone is different and if you were "an armrest kinda person" those big wide ones would fit the bill. I had two thoughts on the matter: (1) get a Sheepskin sleeve that fits over the existing armrest, it would certainly be more comfortable then the stock ones. (2) Get an over-sized ( 1-2" wider) Sheepskin sleeve and put some foam in it, that would it would be slightly bigger and be soft as well..
See my homemade sleeve pics posted earlier today. I kinda like this but it's only stuffed with 4 layers of cardboard glued together and topped with a piece of upholstery foam. If I continue to like this, I will replace the cardboard with, I'm thinking, a piece of a thin, stiff, kitchen cutting board and maybe even cover it with pleather instead of stretch fabric. Or I suppose I could always order the JJ products.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,109 Posts
It looks fine Anita and if it's comfy - I'd keep it or add the few extra enhancements you mentioned.

·
Registered
309 Posts
sorry forgot name of tool but show pic at advanced auto. i put a blurry pic up, shaped like a "U"
It's a pickle fork!
The pickle fork is a universal tool to assist separating ball joints, pitman arms, tie rods and more. ...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts