Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Elite AWD & 2007 S2000 AP2
55 Posts
When I was at my local Honda Dealer a few weeks ago, I asked if all of the tow truck companies had that neutral release tool and they said "sure, they all have it, and know about the Honda's ZF transmissions".
I'm pretty sure that, that isn't a fact!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Honda really messed up not just copying what FCA/Stellantis did with their ZF 9HP vehicles. Just a little pull tab somewhere near the shifter or on the dash to force it into neutral instead of a "special tool required"

Neutral override in a Chrysler Pacifica:
That is a really slick design. Makes you wonder if they put that kind of thinking in to the reliability of FCA vehicles how better they could be. :)

·
Registered
Fact? Fiction? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
474 Posts
see donor vehicle! Ouch!
O-U-C-H!!!! is right
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

But on a side note . . . even with a HARD hit like that, the door gaps still meet/exceed OEM standard
Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Wheel

🐼

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite AWD - Platinum White Pearl w/grey lthr int. Suntek PPF.
33 Posts
I could not agree with original poster (O P) @vtwinsuzuki more........this tool should come standard with every Passport.
Yep, I bought one at their present market price - around $245 if I recall - what a rip. What I still have yet to do is find or buy a ratchet, and enough extensions for it to get the "special tool" down in there in the dark, in the Ontario bush miles from a paved road, upon returning from a fishing trip to find our P'Port dead.
NOT the Honda/Acura I've known and love. I say that with emphasis - presently owning four NSX's, a TL-Type S, a '15 Pilot (daughter's), an Accord DD, and recently our '21 P'Port Elite AWD.
Perhaps this scenario never materializes. My training always asks me............ what if?

·
Registered
323 Posts
There is zero indication that the Power Control Unit (38320-TGS-A11) replaced in his Passport came from this wreck 👆.
? Huh! There never was any implication it was (dealer is going to use new parts, of course).
I like to research failed parts, $, and location, and saw this. Used parts dealer is just saying this vehicle is the donor for his inventory.
And, we all like to look at wrecked PP's (as long as it's not our own) to see how well they held up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
? Huh! There never was any implication it was (dealer is going to use new parts, of course).
I like to research failed parts, $, and location, and saw this. Used parts dealer is just saying this vehicle is the donor for his inventory.
And, we all like to look at wrecked PP's (as long as it's not our own) to see how well they held up.
I misunderstood because of the way you choose to structure your comment. Sorry about that.
I like researching parts pricing and availability too, if you have more PP specific used parts dealers please share.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts