Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turn the volume up on the blind spot alerts.
So low can't hear over radio at a average volume?

·
Super Moderator
1,171 Posts
I haven’t poked too much in this as I am still relying on visual checks more than the computer automated. But look into the settings here starting about :45 seconds in.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nothing in the Owner's Manual on how to do this. I also asked dealer service manager and he did not know if it was possible either. As an aside, I wish the lights were in the mirrors. As it is now you have to focus on two different spots. The mirror and the light. Especially on the driver's side. Being where they are, I wish they were brighter.

I also wish they were focused not wider, but further back. Our X3 lets you know much sooner if if a vehicle is approaching your blind spot, not just already in it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nothing in the Owner's Manual on how to do this. I also asked dealer service manager and he did not know if it was possible either. As an aside, I wish the lights were in the mirrors. As it is now you have to focus on two different spots. The mirror and the light. Especially on the driver's side. Being where they are, I wish they were brighter.

I also wish they were focused not wider, but further back. Our X3 lets you know much sooner if if a vehicle is approaching your blind spot, not just already in it.
Having had a vehicle with the blind spot warning in the mirror, I'm glad Honda didn't put it there. Nighttime driving, headlight glare on the side mirror and no blind spot warning can be seen. As for further back, if you want to know when a vehicle is approaching your blind spot, try using the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a couple of other cars that have BSW and they are all in the mirrors and I see them fine. Never had an issue with any sort of glare.
As far as your sarcastic comment re using the mirrors, you can try not being a smart ass!

·
Super Moderator
1,171 Posts
Well...this is odd. I haven’t driven my Passport since about 2/13. Just been riding my bicycle everywhere. Today, I drove it and was going to look for this setting to see if I can help. While driving and I’m sure pissing off the person behind me, I’d use my blinker when there was a vehicle next to me and I get no visual or sound alert. I did in the past.

I found where you turn it on, off, did that. Returned to home screen even and still no alerts?

The audio level might be adjusted under sounds setting, I just can’t confirm since my whole blind spot alert isn’t working.

Good thing I have those mirrors to rely on! ?

·
Super Moderator
1,171 Posts
This should solve your question:
Settings >Vehicle >Meter Set-up >Adjust Alarm Volume
You'll have three options High - Mid - Low.

I set mine to high and it definitely made a difference.
I will look tomorrow, but is there anything in this process for disabling the blind spot alerts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will look tomorrow, but is there anything in this process for disabling the blind spot alerts?
I believe there is on the Meter Set-up screen or on the Adjust volume screen.
In addition to increasing the volume on Blind Spot indicators it will also increase all alarms as well as the turn signals.

Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
1,171 Posts
I believe there is on the Meter Set-up screen or on the Adjust volume screen.
In addition to increasing the volume on Blind Spot indicators it will also increase all alarms as well as the turn signals.

Hope this helps.
thanks - I’ll check it tomorrow when I’m sorting my center console with a new organizer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks - I’ll check it tomorrow when I’m sorting my center console with a new organizer.
I checked to make sure I was right on the info I gave above on disabling the blind spot alerts. I wasn't! Here is the correct path:
Settings >Vehicle >Driver Assist System Setup >Blind spot Information
You'll have three options Audio & Visual Alert - Visual Alert - OFF

Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
1,171 Posts
I checked to make sure I was right on the info I gave above on disabling the blind spot alerts. I wasn't! Here is the correct path:
Settings >Vehicle >Driver Assist System Setup >Blind spot Information
You'll have three options Audio & Visual Alert - Visual Alert - OFF

Hope this helps
I did all this. Turned it on, off, visual only., even restarted the engine...no bueno.

·
Registered
5 Posts
"ProdGirl, post: 36846, member: 513"]
Well...this is odd. I haven’t driven my Passport since about 2/13. Just been riding my bicycle everywhere. Today, I drove it and was going to look for this setting to see if I can help. While driving and I’m sure pissing off the person behind me, I’d use my blinker when there was a vehicle next to me and I get no visual or sound alert. I did in the past.

I found where you turn it on, off, did that. Returned to home screen even and still no alerts?

The audio level might be adjusted under sounds setting, I just can’t confirm since my whole blind spot alert isn’t working.

"I found where you turn it on, off, did that. Returned to home screen even and still no alerts?"

Did you save your choices?

·
Super Moderator
1,171 Posts
"ProdGirl, post: 36846, member: 513"]

"I found where you turn it on, off, did that. Returned to home screen even and still no alerts?"

Did you save your choices?
Yes. Save and save often!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes. Save and save often!
This is just speculation but could the issue be due to where you happen to live. I thought I read somewhere that in California turning off the audio alert is considered a carcinogen and is covered by Prop 65.

Or you can take care of it my way. Set the volume to low, get old and loose some of your high frequency hearing. Works everytime plus the wife never knows if I am intentionally ignoring her or just didn't hear her when she comes up with one of her honey-dos.

·
Super Moderator
1,171 Posts
Goo

Good luck and let us know if you find a solution.
I finally drove my Passport again yesterday!
My blindspot alert is working again...(whatever that momentary loss of the alert was about)!

I went in and changed the level from mid to high thru this setting:

Honestly, I couldn’t hear a difference between the mid to high? Can anyone else?
And to clarify...my hearing is perfect. I even sleep a white noise fan to shush birds chirping!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I finally drove my Passport again yesterday!
My blindspot alert is working again...(whatever that momentary loss of the alert was about)!

I went in and changed the level from mid to high thru this setting:

Honestly, I couldn’t hear a difference between the mid to high? Can anyone else?
And to clarify...my hearing is perfect. I even sleep a white noise fan to shush birds chirping!
Well if you can't hear a difference between mid and high then I would suspect that you're approaching middle age, but I would never ask a lady to reveal her age. ?

Now you have me wanting to go out and see what happens. Have to do that tomorrow when I get done at the Hospital.

·
Super Moderator
1,171 Posts
Well if you can't hear a difference between mid and high then I would suspect that you're approaching middle age, but I would never ask a lady to reveal her age. ?

Now you have me wanting to go out and see what happens. Have to do that tomorrow when I get done at the Hospital.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts