Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
I can't speak for Honda but have driven ford and jeep. I find it Awesome! To sum it up, if you drove stick shift auto start stop will be fine. The people that hate it do not know how to control it via pressure on the brake pedal. Some never get it, just takes learning and patience and anyone can control it vs the car controlling you!. I'm an old guy who hated it at 1st till others told me what I just told you. Master it and you will love it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Permanently disabling start/stop has been possible on other newer vehicles and usually involves the pulling of a fuse/module. Its important to note that its not nearly as jarring as it used to be, so it should be far less noticeable.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Even more of a reason to look for independent shops because no always will your local dealer carry out these jobs. Some will do it without leaving a record but risky either way.

Good independent shops have people who used to work at dealers and can get around red flags that dealers look for.

If anyone goes through with it and has success i'll be interested in knowing how it worked out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
With all the new emission regulations, new cars are always going to default to having start/stop engaged. I agree that unlike cars where this technology first debuted, new models don't really lurch like they used to.

·
Registered
46 Posts
With all the new emission regulations, new cars are always going to default to having start/stop engaged. I agree that unlike cars where this technology first debuted, new models don't really lurch like they used to.
I was watching Alex on Autos today on YT on the 2019 Subi Ascent and surprisingly it does not have start stop.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bought a new Passport Touring today. Idle stop doesn't seem to be working. Button is not pushed to "off". If it never works, that's ok. I didn't like the "auto stop" on my Equinox. Still though I wonder why it's not working on my new Passport.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I also hate this feature. I'm sure someone will figure out how to permanently disable it. On my Land Rover start/stop has it's own battery. Just disconnect the terminals on this battery and the feature is gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts