Honda Passport Forum banner

Is it possible to swap out the radio from Elite to Sport w/o any issues?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  greggstahl 
#1 ·
The picture attached is the radio I purchased from LKQ. It was in a 2019 Passport Elite. I own a 2019 Sport trim. If anyone has wiring diagrams for both trims please let me know.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello and welcome, I recall people here previously looking into it and it was too hard, too complicated and too expensive, the better solution was to simply upgrade the head unit with something aftermarket. I suggest checking out Crutchfield...

#3 · (Edited)
I asked my Honda Dealer and elsewhere and was told the Sport has a different wiring harness than the Elite and so the 7" Elite head will not work in the Sport. I just checked the parts numbers and sure enough, the Sport cabin wiring harness is part # 32100-TGS-A00 and the EXL using A10 or A20.

I purchased an aftermarket Kenwood 7" head with Apple Car Play and had it installed. Total price was about $1,500. There is an entire section on the wiring diagrams for the microphone, rear camera and steering wheel controls under 5" radio. There is also information on the Ridgline owners' forum.

#4 ·
I asked my Honda Dealer and elsewhere and was told the Sport has a different wiring harness than the Elite and so the 7" Elite head will not work in the Sport. I just checked the parts numbers and sure enough, the Sport cabin wiring harness is part # 32100-TGS-A00 and the EXL using A10 or A20.

I purchased an aftermarket Kenwood 7" head with Apple Car Play and had it installed. Total price was about $1,500. There is an entire section on the wiring diagrams for the microphone, rear camera and steering wheel controls under 5" radio. There is also information on the Ridgline owners' forum.

just out of curiosity, could you post a picture of your upgraded head unit?

#5 ·
Here’s the thread discussion with pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.