Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a little too enthusiastic going mudding in the Death Valley area and got salt flat mud all over the engine and firewall. I know to bag the alternator and electronics. Should be safe if the engine cover is protecting the wire harness right?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Our PP's were designed for off-road 'adventure' to include getting a lot of stuff in the engine compartment without causing trouble. Am I correct?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would avoid using a power washer. Instead, use a low pressure wash instead with a soft brush or microfiber, like this. A power washer could increase likelihood of water penetrating into unwanted areas. Manual brushing with shampoo is necessary to remove the film of dirt.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Our Passports are off road friendly but I wouldn't say "made for offroad"... They are exactly the same under hood as a Pilot and Ridgeline... and an Odyssey. The only real difference is ride height compared to Pilot. and a AWD system as opposed to the Odyssey. Passports don't have any different shields to deflect water or mud... Just be careful. I don't recommend power washing the engine bay either.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Our Passports are off road friendly but I wouldn't say "made for offroad"... They are exactly the same under hood as a Pilot and Ridgeline... and an Odyssey. The only real difference is ride height compared to Pilot. and a AWD system as opposed to the Odyssey. Passports don't have any different shields to deflect water or mud... Just be careful. I don't recommend power washing the engine bay either.
Thanks, Dro for the additional details on the engine compartment of our PP's.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,944 Posts
I was a little too enthusiastic going mudding in the Death Valley area and got salt flat mud all over the engine and firewall. I know to bag the alternator and electronics. Should be safe if the engine cover is protecting the wire harness right?

View attachment 3396
This is why mine goes around water puddles, even with splash guards! ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts