Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the passport on Friday. It's Lunar Silver Metallic exterior with grey interior. Funny thing about the interior, I didn't notice until taking a good hard look at everything - the only part of the interior that's gray are the seats. All the rest is black. Dash, trim components, rear cargo area, even the headliner; all black. It does strike me as odd, because any other car I've owned (including other Hondas) with a gray interior typically has matching gray trim on either the dash or the doors or both, and also a light colored headliner. Not complaining, I find it a unique quality to this car!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Got the passport on Friday. It's Lunar Silver Metallic exterior with grey interior. Funny thing about the interior, I didn't notice until taking a good hard look at everything - the only part of the interior that's gray are the seats. All the rest is black. Dash, trim components, rear cargo area, even the headliner; all black. It does strike me as odd, because any other car I've owned (including other Hondas) with a gray interior typically has matching gray trim on either the dash or the doors or both, and also a light colored headliner. Not complaining, I find it a unique quality to this car!
Good point!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I noticed this when I was checking out Passports and Pilots on the lot. The Pilots hae gray on the dash, trim and headliner. But the Passport has black in all those areas.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,974 Posts
Throw some Black Sheepskins on those seats and you'll have a black interior!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had planned on getting the black interior, but when I saw they grey I instantly changed my mind. It’s definitely on the lighter side of grey.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I didn't like it, but have to accept it.
I wish they had followed the Pilot color assignments.
So much black absorbs too much heat.
Our '17 CR-V was the same way. Too much black. Really taxed the A/C at times.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I didn't like it, but have to accept it.
I wish they had followed the Pilot color assignments.
So much black absorbs too much heat.
Our '17 CR-V was the same way. Too much black. Really taxed the A/C at times.
With so much similarity with the Pilot, I'm assuming they went for a mono-color interior palette for the PP for differentiation.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With so much similarity with the Pilot, I'm assuming they went for a mono-color interior palette for the PP for differentiation.
Agreed, I think this is meant as a differentiator for the Passport. It also matches the pattern of black trim parts on the outside of the vehicle. Suspect it helps Honda to save money on production as well, with fewer variations of internal trim color.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Agreed, I think this is meant as a differentiator for the Passport. It also matches the pattern of black trim parts on the outside of the vehicle. Suspect it helps Honda to save money on production as well, with fewer variations of internal trim color.
Timmah, good point on the lower production costs on not having several choices of interior colors, hadn't thought of that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts