Honda Passport Forum banner

Instrument panel brightness (can anyone answer?)

10K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Gray_Beard 
#1 ·
I have a 2020 EXL. Do these buttons only work on certain trims? They don’t do anything and I wish they would - the center instrument panel is too bright at night.

Any help appreciated!

See less See more
#3 ·
Perhaps try this:
When the headlight switch is on the full on position(not auto mode) and there is no sunlight, adjust the brightness to preference.

On my PP sport in addition to the 2 brightness control switches ,there is a day/night mode switch on the center instrument panel.
Not sure if there is a difference in the model trim of the vehicle. 🤷‍♂️

#4 ·
I have a 2020 EXL. Do these buttons only work on certain trims? They don’t do anything and I wish they would - the center instrument panel is too bright at night.

Any help appreciated!
when you say, center instrument panel...do you mean the infotainment center screen?
if so, to change that brightness is in the actual infotainment center settings.

Reactions: tykurez and robertb
#5 ·
I’ve tried it all - headlights on (not auto) at night, during the day. With the infotainment screen brightness at max brightness/night brightness.

According to the owners manual a little indicator on the center infotainment should come up when you press those buttons to indicate the level of brightness. I feel like maybe the electrical for those buttons aren’t attached properly unless I’m missing something else obvious.

#6 ·
The two buttons you show on your photo only control the driver information panel directly in front of the steering wheel. The audio/infotainment panel l(center display) brightness is controlled on the panel itself. Hope this helps.

#9 · (Edited)
Display directly in front of steering wheel = center control cluster
Brightness for this display, and this display only, controlled by the buttons you highlighted.

Infotainment Display is the Large Display in center of dashboard.
To adjust this, with your vehicle running, in park, on your infotainment screen:
  1. Select "Home"
  2. Select "Settings"
  3. Select "Display"
  4. Select "Night Mode" <<<< make sure you select this mode
  5. To the right of Night Mode, you will see three adjustment bars: Brightness, Contrast, and Black Level.
  6. Adjust the 'Brightness' by moving to left to darken screen, or right to brighten screen.
  7. Likewise, you can select "Day Mode" to adjust brightness, contrast, dark level.
Now, when your headlights are on, the infotainment center will be at your' new settings for Night Mode; likewise for Day Mode (no headlights on).

Good Luck

[Edit] Looks like S-P-E-E-D-Y Fingers ProdGirl beat me to the owners manual page image.:p

#11 ·
Sorry to hear about your problem. I have a 2019 Elite and just went to the garage to play. Obviously those buttons do not work in accessory mode only when the engine is running. As you mentioned when I press the plus or minus buttons a horizontal bar pops up on the instrument cluster to show the current level of brightness for the display. Then it allows me to adjust the level. You can individually set two brightness levels, one with headlights off and one with them on. So it does sound like you have a defect on your hands.

#12 ·
I'll just throw this out there, I say that because I'm not sure in my assumption. We know the display is a screen and maybe the default setting is full bright. There's 2 fuses that might be worth checking, number 25 is INST PANEL LIGHTS and 29 is BACK LT. 25 is self explanatory, 29 not sure if that stands for back lighting??? Possible that one of these controls the lighting intensity?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.