Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a set of seat back protectors form College Hills Honda which by the way they're very reasonable with pricing compared to the local dealers in the Charlotte area. Already had a set of rotabroaches also known as "annular cutters" to make the installation easier. All in all took about an hour to install the set, very pleased with the results. Feel better knowing that the seat back carpet wouldn't get beat up now when I drop them down to load up my gear to go to the shooting range!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I installed mine about 90 days ago. Easy install even without the rotaboaches. I drilled a small pilot hole and followed up with the correct size bit in my cordless drill.
Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
I installed mine about 90 days ago. Easy install even without the rotaboaches. I drilled a small pilot hole and followed up with the correct size bit in my cordless drill.
Mike
About to do this install without rotobroaches. How deep do you drill with the 8mm larger bit? May be obvious once I get started, but do you only have to pierce some plastic panel behind the carpeting so the well nut can grab on the other side?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Here's what I did. When I drilled the holes, both the pilot and the final hole, I used 1/4" sockets stacked on the drill bit to control the depth. You don't need to go very deep at all, maybe 1/4" or so. Just make sure you have a drill stop of some sort. My sockets worked great - and inexpensively.
Mike

Reactions: ksulliva01

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's what I did. When I drilled the holes, both the pilot and the final hole, I used 1/4" sockets stacked on the drill bit to control the depth. You don't need to go very deep at all, maybe 1/4" or so. Just make sure you have a drill stop of some sort. My sockets worked great - and inexpensively.
Mike
Good idea. I will do this. Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
644 Posts
About to do this install without rotobroaches. How deep do you drill with the 8mm larger bit? May be obvious once I get started, but do you only have to pierce some plastic panel behind the carpeting so the well nut can grab on the other side?
For the seat back protectors, there is thick gauge sheet metal beneath the carpet. Start with a pilot hole, per the instructions by wrapping masking tape at the depth required. It is hollow behind the sheet metal. Try to drill the final 8mm size hole neatly (do not oversize). The fasteners are like a rivet... it expands the insert as the screw is tighten.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts