Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I went through that wheel thread, and there's very sparse content in there. Will post my setup there, but decided it might be helpful to some people to post my specific setup.

Car:
2019 Passport Elite

Rims:
KMC Spin +35 18x8 (the only available used 5x120 18x8 rims nearby)

Tires:
Yokohama Geolandar G015 265/60/18s.

Gotchas:
I had to get spline drive lugnuts to get these things on because the stupid Spin rims have tiny holes.

Review:
Didn't notice tire noise at 60mph, but didn't go faster today. Feels much softer than the stock 20s. I think the Geolandars are one of the few tires you can get that are fairly cheap (<200/each), 3peak Mud+Snowflake aka 3PMSF aka All-weather compatible, and are good for highway chomping. It pretends to be an A/T tire with the side lug pattern but I'm pretty sure it's all for show. The tread depth brand new is only 12/32nd to begin wtih - which is much more of a highway tire depth rather than an A/T tire depth.

IMG_5453.JPG
IMG_5456.JPG
IMG_5454.JPG

·
Super Moderator
2,453 Posts
Looks like you are ready for some dirt roads...!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased some 18x8 +55 Ridgeline OEM rims and was going to just run 245/60/18 for winter tires this season. I know that is the most stock setup you can do as far as not effecting speed etc... but I will definitely look into 265/60/18 now. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello. I went through that wheel thread, and there's very sparse content in there. Will post my setup there, but decided it might be helpful to some people to post my specific setup.

Car:
2019 Passport Elite

Rims:
KMC Spin +35 18x8 (the only available used 5x120 18x8 rims nearby)

Tires:
Yokohama Geolandar G015 265/60/18s.

Gotchas:
I had to get spline drive lugnuts to get these things on because the stupid Spin rims have tiny holes.

Review:
Didn't notice tire noise at 60mph, but didn't go faster today. Feels much softer than the stock 20s. I think the Geolandars are one of the few tires you can get that are fairly cheap (<200/each), 3peak Mud+Snowflake aka 3PMSF aka All-weather compatible, and are good for highway chomping. It pretends to be an A/T tire with the side lug pattern but I'm pretty sure it's all for show. The tread depth brand new is only 12/32nd to begin wtih - which is much more of a highway tire depth rather than an A/T tire depth.

View attachment 7271 View attachment 7272 View attachment 7273
Now your cooking with heat.
The increased side walls not only look much less car like, but will offer a smoother ride, more wheel protection, both on and off road.
The most significant benefit however is that you now have a better tire selection, tires cost much less and you can air down when you need to increase traction.

Love it. Thanks for posting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts