Honda Passport Forum banner

301 - 320 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steele
408 Posts
Don’t have to to realize they are not as complex as enterprise class servers, storage systems, and global network systems.
Well then if the problem isn't that complicated why not fix it for Honda? I'd bet that Honda would give you a brand new 2020 Passport Elite if you did.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
336 Posts
Well then if the problem isn't that complicated why not fix it for Honda? I'd bet that Honda would give you a brand new 2020 Passport Elite if you did.
Nah, a new PP wouldn’t cover my fee. Not worth my time. How about we just demand that Honda fix THEIR problem? That’s all I’ve been asking for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had got feedback that Honda suspects Apple Carplay could be the culprit causing the issue I am having. Radio makes a loud beep, audio shuts off but when I got to shut off the car the screens stay on. They had said a wiring harness wouldn't fix this as this is a software-related issue

They didnt tell me explicitly that Android Auto would work or wouldn't cause the same issues I was having, but they sounded pretty confident it was Carplay. With that being said, I decided to get an Android and test out if using Android Auto would recreate the same issue. In the past two weeks, I have been using Android Auto every day and everything has been working perfectly (knock wood). Hoping this was "the fix" for now until Honda comes out with an update to the infotainment to solve this issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had got feedback that Honda suspects Apple Carplay could be the culprit causing the issue I am having. Radio makes a loud beep, audio shuts off but when I got to shut off the car the screens stay on. They had said a wiring harness wouldn't fix this as this is a software-related issue

They didnt tell me explicitly that Android Auto would work or wouldn't cause the same issues I was having, but they sounded pretty confident it was Carplay. With that being said, I decided to get an Android and test out if using Android Auto would recreate the same issue. In the past two weeks, I have been using Android Auto every day and everything has been working perfectly (knock wood). Hoping this was "the fix" for now until Honda comes out with an update to the infotainment to solve this issue.
I'm sorry you're having this issue. For what it's worth, I'm a Pixel 3XL / Android Auto user, and haven't had any issues with my infotainment system (yet).

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
85 Posts
I have an iPhone X. I keep iOS up to date. I use Carplay exclusively. My iPhone is connected with the genuine Apple cable that came with my phone. I listen to Apple Music and I use Apple Maps. I've also used the Messages app to listen to texts and send them, the Calendar app to join a conference call, and of course, the Phone app. I have had no issues with the infotainment system whatsoever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've brought my Passport in 4 times the last month and half, it's currently there being "worked" on. I would like to enact the lemon law. Did Honda say they would refund the cost of the vehicle? What steps did you have to do? I live in California.
Every state has their own lemon laws. I live in Arkansas and had my car for only 60 days and had taken it in 5 times for the same issue. When I mentioned the lemon law, the dealer bought the car back. Now I’m in a 2020 CRV. Yes I went down but the dealer told me that the 2020s are having the same issue. Not all of them, but they have no way of telling which ones will and which ones won’t.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I received my Passport back last Monday after the 4th service trip. The system worked good until Friday and started to cut out and make noises whenever I crossed lanes or went over bumps. Then it worked fine until Saturday I started to receive this error message ‘Low Battery, Switch Off All Lights and Electronics’. I received this after I had drove the vehicle 50 miles. Going to stop by the dealership or call them. I have been taking it to my local Honda dealership but bought my Passport from a dealership 15 miles away because my local one did not have any. I talked to the sales rep who sold me the vehicle and she said I could enact the lemon law at any dealership. I asked to talk to her manager and she said that they would have to try to fix it before they would consider doing anything. I don't want to go thru this cycle again. I think at this point I will never feel confident in this vehicle. I am debating which dealership to talk to about the lemon law. Does it have to be the one you purchased it at?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Every state has their own lemon laws. I live in Arkansas and had my car for only 60 days and had taken it in 5 times for the same issue. When I mentioned the lemon law, the dealer bought the car back. Now I’m in a 2020 CRV. Yes I went down but the dealer told me that the 2020s are having the same issue. Not all of them, but they have no way of telling which ones will and which ones won’t.
How long did the process take? Did they give you all the money back or did they just trade it for the CRV? Do you still have rights if for some reason this vehicle gave you issues? I am afraid to just get another Passport and have the same issues and then for them to tell me that I have no further rights since I received a new one in it's place. Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
I would push to get your money back - all of it and then choose whatever car you want, if you want a new Passport, then buy a new one and start over, hopefully it will be as error free as mine and other members here, but I would not blame you one bit if this sours you on any Honda...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Within the Song-Beverly Act, there is a presumption guideline wherein it is presumed that a vehicle is a “lemon” if the following criteria are met within 18 months of delivery to the buyer or lessee or 18,000 miles on the vehicle’s odometer, whichever comes first, one or more of the following occurs: 1. The manufacturer or its agents have made two or more attempts to repair a warranty problem that results in a condition that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury if the vehicle is driven. OR 2. The manufacturer or its agents have made four or more attempts to repair the same warranty problem. If required by the warranty materials or by the owner’s manual, the consumer must directly notify the manufacturer about the problem(s), preferably in writing. The notice must be sent to the address shown in the warranty or owner’s manual (for 1 and 2 above). OR 3. The vehicle has been out of service for more than 30 days (not necessarily consecutively) while being repaired for any number of warranty problems and the problems must be covered by the warranty, substantially reduce the vehicle’s use, value, or safety to the consumer and are not caused by abuse of the vehicle. If these criteria are met, the Lemon Law presumes that the buyer or lessee is entitled to a replacement vehicle or a refund of the purchase price. However, this presumption is rebuttable. The manufacturer may show that the criteria has not been met (for example, because the problems are minor) and therefore, the buyer or lessee is not entitled to a replacement vehicle or refund.
I have gone though the "Lemon Law" process in CA but it was many years ago. I had a consult with a Lemon Law attorney who only charged a minimal fee for the consult. I did not need his services after that. I highly suggest you try to find an attorney who will do the same for you. Wishing you the best of luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
How long did the process take? Did they give you all the money back or did they just trade it for the CRV? Do you still have rights if for some reason this vehicle gave you issues? I am afraid to just get another Passport and have the same issues and then for them to tell me that I have no further rights since I received a new one in it's place. Thanks for your help!
I chose to have them pay the entirety of my original purchase price. Then I purchased a new CRV. The manager informed me that since a Honda can’t pinpoint what the issue is, they can’t fix it on the 2020s. It was like purchasing a new car with no trade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We were able to handle it all within 12 hours. Right now I’m super-suspicious of anything I hear while driving but I love Honda and I know they make a great line of vehicles. There’s not another vehicle brand I like more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I get this, it can be from 1 day to 60+ days between.
Stop, remove fuse for Radio (#19 I think).
Replace, go on with life - until they fix this darned bug!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'
Omg this is too strange, i was just about to write everyone to let them know about my adventure to the dealer to help me turn off the touch screen as it wouldnt shut off and then i read this thread it describes exactly what happened to me. Except the dealer disconnected the battery to reset the system and it is back to factory settings.

I was using waze and carplay when it happened. Now what? I dont think i will chance waze again!
I'm not sure Waze is part of the problem. I'm pretty sure it has happened at least once when I was not at all running Waze.

301 - 320 of 330 Posts