Honda Passport Forum banner

281 - 300 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had my new 2019 Passport for about three weeks. Twice now the infotainment system stopped working. Both times, I was using Apple Play and Waze. A loud beep came on and then nothing. No Apple Play, no radio, ...nothing. The display was on (in fact it wouldn't turn off even when the car was off) and I was not able to use the radio (check tuner message appeared) or an other features. When I would try to check Bluetooth I got a message that said the car was still in motion even though I was parked. I took it to the dealer who took out a fuse and reset the system. That worked for about two days and then it happened again. Any ideas? I have an appointment at the dealership but I am not optimistic. I do not want to have to reset the fuse every time I use Waze. I have read on other forums that using a USB keyboard to Cntl-Alt-Del will also work to reset the system but who wants to keep a keyboard in their car? Is anyone else having this problem?
My infotainment system froze today and wouldn’t shut off. Taking it to the dealership in the morning. This makes the 5th time I’ve taken it in since I bought it 2 months ago. I wasn’t using Waze, just pandora. Now nothing works. Apparently there is a class action lawsuit against Honda for selling 2019 Odysseys, Pilots, and Passports with the same issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve called the Honda manufacturer and got a case number but I’m giving the Passport back under Lemon Law. 5 times in 60 days is ridiculous. It’s also an issue with the collision mitigation system. Keeps saying brake when there’s nothing in front of me and it even hit the brakes for me last night almost causing an accident. Hate that I traded my 2018 CRV for this.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
315 Posts
Do you have a
I’ve called the Honda manufacturer and got a case number but I’m giving the Passport back under Lemon Law. 5 times in 60 days is ridiculous. It’s also an issue with the collision mitigation system. Keeps saying brake when there’s nothing in front of me and it even hit the brakes for me last night almost causing an accident. Hate that I traded my 2018 CRV for this.
Do you have a 2019 or 2020?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've brought my Passport in 4 times the last month and half, it's currently there being "worked" on. I would like to enact the lemon law. Did Honda say they would refund the cost of the vehicle? What steps did you have to do? I live in California.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm looking at buying a new Passport this weekend. Is there any easy way to test for this problem on the test drive? Some specific combo of things that can trigger it easily?

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm looking at buying a new Passport this weekend. Is there any easy way to test for this problem on the test drive? Some specific combo of things that can trigger it easily?

Thanks for any suggestions.
It worked for 3 months straight without any problems. I don’t think everyone experiences problems.

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
73 Posts
I’ve had my 2019 Passport for two months and so far (knocks on wood) I haven’t had any issues with the radio. I use Apple CarPlay exclusively. I’ll admit that I don’t use Waze but I use Apple Maps a lot. I use the original cable that came with my iPhone.

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
1 year old and it works fine, don't use Waze, and only occasionally USB my iPhone (10), but I do have the CD player and use it 90% of the time, without issue..

·
Registered
22 Posts
On my fourth visit to the dealership they tell me that they have rerouted the wiring harness to make sure that there are no twists. This is the third time that they have done this. I will pick up on Monday and we'll see how things go.

·
Banned
2020 Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steele
334 Posts
Hopefully this will be the last time you have to take it in. Software can be finicky at times. Hopefully Honda will get it all sorted out soon and put this issue behind them.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I've brought my Passport in 4 times the last month and half, it's currently there being "worked" on. I would like to enact the lemon law. Did Honda say they would refund the cost of the vehicle? What steps did you have to do? I live in California.
What year do you have, 2019 or 2020?
Hopefully this will be the last time you have to take it in. Software can be finicky at times. Hopefully Honda will get it all sorted out soon and put this issue behind them.
But then again, there are so many ways today to test software after development. Automated testing. Stress testing. Testing with all major brands of mobile devices. It’s actually kind of pathetic that the software has such issues.

·
Banned
334 Posts
What year do you have, 2019 or 2020?

But then again, there are so many ways today to test software after development. Automated testing. Stress testing. Testing with all major brands of mobile devices. It’s actually kind of pathetic that the software has such issues.
Not really. One question I would love to have an honest answer too for this kind of issue is how many people experiencing this issue have jail broke phones? Yes it can make a difference.

Besides if it was that easy, Windblows or Apples iOS for that matter would be totally problem free. How many days since either have come out have you seen that happen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It happ
Not really. One question I would love to have an honest answer too for this kind of issue is how many people experiencing this issue have jail broke phones? Yes it can make a difference.

Besides if it was that easy, Windblows or Apples iOS for that matter would be totally problem free. How many days since either have come out have you seen that happen.
It happens without any phone connected. It happens even when the audio is turned off. It has nothing to do with the cell phone. Sometimes bumps seem to trigger it. It’s an electrical connection problem.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Not really. One question I would love to have an honest answer too for this kind ssue is how many people experiencing this issue have jail broke phones? Yes it can make a difference.

You’re comparing a complete OS to an infotainment system with somewhat limited capabilities. Honda doesn’t have to test millions of lines of code. I’m sure they have their own testing department and lab. You write test scripts to run and they go through every possible option and menu item, over and over, and connecting/disconnecting different phones. I doubt a large percentage of these issues is caused by jail break phones.

·
Banned
334 Posts
It happ

It happens without any phone connected. It happens even when the audio is turned off. It has nothing to do with the cell phone. Sometimes bumps seem to trigger it. It’s an electrical connection problem.
Some people in other threads regarding infotaiment issues have reported that their troubles have happened after their phones were plugged in, some when they used Waze etc. At this point I think it is anybodies guess as to what the problem is.

·
Banned
334 Posts
You’re comparing a complete OS to an infotainment system with somewhat limited capabilities. Honda doesn’t have to test millions of lines of code. I’m sure they have their own testing department and lab. You write test scripts to run and they go through every possible option and menu item, over and over, and connecting/disconnecting different phones. I doubt a large percentage of these issues is caused by jail break phones.
Oh that infortaiment unit is far more complex than you imagine. Keep in mind that the Apollo 11 computer was no more powerful than a pocket computer and a vehicle interment system is far more powerful than that. Add to it all the other computers in the vehicle and the fact that most if not all of them interface with each other.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Oh that infortaiment unit is far more complex than you imagine. Keep in mind that the Apollo 11 computer was no more powerful than a pocket computer and a vehicle interment system is far more powerful than that. Add to it all the other computers in the vehicle and the fact that most if not all of them interface with each other.
I’ve been in the IT field for almost 40 years. I’m well aware of highly complex systems. An infotainment system is not highly complex.

281 - 300 of 330 Posts