Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello all -

I own a 2020 Passport Ex Awd. Like many passport owners, I had major problems with my infotainment system (cracking sound from the speakers etc). Last year the dealer replaced the most cables and problem was allegedly fixed.
I noticed the same issue is back and the cracking / chirping sounds are back again. Extremely annoying. !

i am curious to know ifAnyone else experience the same issue after the most cables was already replaced.

The warranty will cover the repairs but I really don’t want the dash to be taken apart again.

any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.
Ara
I want through the same issues, 2 trips to the dealership and it's solved. They have multiple MOST connectors and I'm told they are very sensitive, not sure how many there are, and I'm perplexed by Honda for not issuing a recall, but they dod extend the warranty on this problem for an additional 5 years or 60K miles, and will reimburse anyone for previous monies spent to repair...so it sounds like a recall, but the owners have push for repairs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wow - a second surgery? Not too comfortable with having the dealer tear the dash / seats etc apart for the second time. Please keep us posted with the outcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have written about this already, but yeah mine has been in 5 times to be "fixed". Replaced the buses, moved a wire away from a HVAC line and taken the dash apart. I think the last fix required doing something to a rear sensor. They are just guessing at this point. Seems to be holding up now, I am skeptical. I also had to replace my battery on my own nickel and have complained to Honda Customer service with no reply (twice now). Also a long time Honda owner since 1982 and really disapointed. My 2008 Pilot has 250K miles and still runs strong...albeit needs a new cat converter.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have written about this already, but yeah mine has been in 5 times to be "fixed". Replaced the buses, moved a wire away from a HVAC line and taken the dash apart. I think the last fix required doing something to a rear sensor. They are just guessing at this point. Seems to be holding up now, I am skeptical. I also had to replace my battery on my own nickel and have complained to Honda Customer service with no reply (twice now). Also a long time Honda owner since 1982 and really disapointed. My 2008 Pilot has 250K miles and still runs strong...albeit needs a new cat converter.
I consider myself lucky as I just got a new battery from the dealer but for a different reason. I think I am about year+ without info* issue returning ...

·
Registered
149 Posts
We own a 2020 Passport Elite. The first attempt to fix the Snap, Crackle and Pop issue was some time during early 2021. I was under the impression that they had replaced the main electrical harness. Much later I was told by a different service tech that what they actually did was replace the metal point contacts (don’t remember what they are called) at every branch of the original harness. Sometime during September/December 2021. Snap, Crackle and Pop returned alive and well. I initially spoke with the second service tech about the return of the “SCP” sometime during January/February/March 2022. He said that the permanent fix is to completely replace both, the main floor harness running from front to back of the PP and the smaller harness in the instrument panel. The guy called us when they received the new parts from Honda, and we dropped the PP off at the dealer on June 13, 2022 at about 3:00 pm. Three days later on June 16, 2022 at 9:00 am, the service tech called me and advised that the two-day or so body-length surgery was successfully completed. We picked up the PP. As of today no more Snap, Crackle and Pop. We will see how long it lasts.
Hope it will work out for you .. keep us updated ... too early to saying anything yet ..

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,550 Posts
Have you complained to Honda Corp in Gardena Ca?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all -

I own a 2020 Passport Ex Awd. Like many passport owners, I had major problems with my infotainment system (cracking sound from the speakers etc). Last year the dealer replaced the most cables and problem was allegedly fixed.
I noticed the same issue is back and the cracking / chirping sounds are back again. Extremely annoying. !

i am curious to know ifAnyone else experience the same issue after the most cables was already replaced.

The warranty will cover the repairs but I really don’t want the dash to be taken apart again.

any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.
Ara
We purchased a used 2019 passport and had the same issues. We were told it was the same issue as yours the bus connector to the stereo, after many attempts to replace tweeters, new bus connector replaced twice once with us owning it and the prior person who leased it. We'll after nagging at them to get this vehicle fixed or I want my money back. They replaced the main wire harness throughout the entire vehicle. After that problem fixed. You might to check your warranty on your vehicle and ask them to replace it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2019 PP EX-L which has the Rice Crispy Snap, Crackle & Pop problem. It's been to the dealer three times, most recently three weeks ago. The problem has returned and is getting worse. They have contacted Honda Engineering and are awaiting a reply. Apparently the dealer has a customer with a Pilot experiencing the same issue that hasn't been resolved using the Honda provided repair instructions. Since it has been three weeks, yesterday I contacted Honda Customer Relations/Care and opened a case. I expect someone to get back to me next week. If I don't get resolution soon I will be taking the vehicle to my neighboring city of Battle Creek. I know Kellogg's can fix it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
We own a 2020 Passport Elite. The first attempt to fix the Snap, Crackle and Pop issue was some time during early 2021. I was under the impression that they had replaced the main electrical harness. Much later I was told by a different service tech that what they actually did was replace the metal point contacts (don’t remember what they are called) at every branch of the original harness. Sometime during September/December 2021. Snap, Crackle and Pop returned alive and well. I initially spoke with the second service tech about the return of the “SCP” sometime during January/February/March 2022. He said that the permanent fix is to completely replace both, the main floor harness running from front to back of the PP and the smaller harness in the instrument panel. The guy called us when they received the new parts from Honda, and we dropped the PP off at the dealer on June 13, 2022 at about 3:00 pm. Three days later on June 16, 2022 at 9:00 am, the service tech called me and advised that the two-day or so body-length surgery was successfully completed. We picked up the PP. As of today no more Snap, Crackle and Pop. We will see how long it lasts.
I have a 2021 EX-l with 20K miles, this issue just began this week. I am have an appointment next week to address the issue, they seemed well aware of the service bulletin (20-058) and said they had the parts in stock.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I find the strange. The TSB has been around since 2020 (I found August version ..) and they have 2021 vehicles showing up with the same problem. I would think that 2021 should have been "cleaned up" by now. The latest version includes all 2021 models. ..

Lets put it simply "IT IS A MESS"

·
Registered
30 Posts
I find the strange. The TSB has been around since 2020 (I found August version ..) and they have 2021 vehicles showing up with the same problem. I would think that 2021 should have been "cleaned up" by now. The latest version includes all 2021 models. ..

Yep, it should have been addressed a long time ago. As long as they fix it, I'm good, I didn't want to have to debate with the service department about whether it was legit. Mine came out of the blue and is really noticeable, whether the stereo is on or off, so not much room for debate. The service department asked me no questions and immediately scheduled the appointment. I'm guessing that this is becoming really familiar to them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have 2 Honda dealers within 15 miles. Hate to say that but the check-in line was long ... Probably 20 min wait.

They are definitely are busy. I was just hoping buying Honda would keep me out of such lines. Good chance back to Toyota for me with next car.

·
Registered
447 Posts

The attached TSB is from September 2019, it indicates Honda is aware of the MOST failure even before that date so I'm also wondering why Honda allowed 2020 and 2021 vehicles to leave the factory with the same problem. That to me is General Motors behavior territory.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
The attached TSB is from September 2019, it indicates Honda is aware of the MOST failure even before that date so I'm also wondering why Honda allowed 2020 and 2021 vehicles to leave the factory with the same problem. That to me is General Motors behavior territory.
Not sure about 2020 as it is pretty close for new model to hit production lines.... Certainly, the "fix" should have been in 2021. Only reason I can think off is that there is no "fix" and Honda is throwing darts, replacing wires/parts to make people feel better.

·
3,550 Posts
Only reason I can think off is that there is no "fix" and Honda is throwing darts, replacing wires/parts to make people feel better.
I thought that after the Passport Assembly line reopened AFTER the COVID shut down, there were a certian number of new/inexperienced Assembly Line workers, that may have contributed to a number of reliability issues appearing and/or reappearing...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Strange we dont see "new" issues popping up due to "new inexperienced workers". At least I am not hearing the volume
of issues as on the info* system.

·
3,550 Posts
Strange we dont see "new" issues popping up due to "new inexperienced workers". At least I am not hearing the volume
of issues as on the info* system.
Well they have been back at it for a year now, I do recall hearing about problems with the early ones made after the re-start...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want through the same issues, 2 trips to the dealership and it's solved. They have multiple MOST connectors and I'm told they are very sensitive, not sure how many there are, and I'm perplexed by Honda for not issuing a recall, but they dod extend the warranty on this problem for an additional 5 years or 60K miles, and will reimburse anyone for previous monies spent to repair...so it sounds like a recall, but the owners have push for repairs.
Probably not enough units with problems to formally make a recall but, there is the TSB which addresses the issue, if you have the problem. I think that's sufficient for now.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts