Honda Passport Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Passport Touring AWD
50 Posts
Dealer will install new wiring harness for me, but they need to order it, so they're attempting another repair next week once it's in stock.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Time will tell if this worked, but the new wiring harness was installed plus the FAKRA connectors
S/B 16-095, 20-049, 20-058, 21-012, 21-013 all referenced on the work order
16-095 seems to be a Ridgeline service bulletin for wiring harness insufficient shielding, not sure why that one is referenced on the work order
The notes also say "Improper connections on dash wire harness replaced dash harness assembly as per DPSM" and "Replaced faulty FAKRA connectors replaced FAKRA connections in conjunction with dash harness as per DPSM"

·
Registered
7 Posts
And I'm back again! Popping, "crackling", and the dreaded "Network communication lost followed by a shut down". Trying a new dealer for the fourth go around.
The other dealer moved the wires around last time since the old TSB 20-058 had already been preformed. That is quite a fix honda has come up with!

·
Registered
70 Posts
And I'm back again! Popping, "crackling", and the dreaded "Network communication lost followed by a shut down". Trying a new dealer for the fourth go around.
The other dealer moved the wires around last time since the old TSB 20-058 had already been preformed. That is quite a fix honda has come up with!
Sorry to hear. quick question, does the crackling happen regardless whether the radio is on or off or does it only do it when the radio is? Reason I ask is they did the whole service bulletin on mine, it worked, then about 1 year later it started back up but only with the radio on. This time they replaced the head unit and it’s been trouble free for the past 6k miles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The crackling is on regardless of the radio status and precedes the shut down of the system. Any drive over about an hour and it happens again.
Looks for System Sounds in the settings. If you slide that all the way to the minimum, the noises when the radio is off should go away (you'll lose the sound of your button taps). Take a look at my post above for the work done on mine. It's been almost 2 weeks since mine was fixed and all seems well, so I'm cautiously optimistic this time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well it's less than a month since the last attempt to fix. The popping sounds returned today for a few minutes while using Bluetooth audio. Earlier in the week, the stereo stopped responding and said Check Tuner/Audio not connected, but then came back to life on its own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my last appointment, with a now different dealer, they once again "repositioned" wires and listened for interference. This fix worked for almost 48hrs before there was some "crackling" returned. I will wait for the shut downs to start again before going back. I can't afford to not have the car for an additional two day at a time. So disappointed.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I was told year ago that the fix does not cover auxliary devices while streaming via Bluetooth.
The "auxiliary devices" being referenced is your phone or any device you connect to the infotainment system either via the aux connection, USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth. So I take it that means problems native to a connected device is not Honda's responsibility, it does not mean if you use a connected device you should expect the infotainment problems to return.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts