Honda Passport Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts
I normally turn autostart off.
I'm thinking of not going to the dealer as I don't really trust their work.
Anyone here that turns the autostart off and still doing this update?
I have the IdleStopper gizmo installed in the wife's 2020 Passport Touring so we have never had any interaction with the Idlestop system in over a year since we installed IdleStopper. If this were an OTA (Over-The-Air) update we would have done it but we don't intend to go and waste an hour sitting in the dealer's showroom to do the update until we trade the car in for another Honda vehicle (possibly the 2025 Passport), that is, unless the dealer does the update of his own volition while we are there for routine maintenance.

I normally turn autostart off.
I'm thinking of not going to the dealer as I don't really trust their work.
Anyone here that turns the autostart off and still doing this update?
My wife & I both turn the Idle Stop off EVERY time we drive it. I do plan on having the update installed the next time we are at our dealership.

I have the IdleStopper gizmo installed in the wife's 2020 Passport Touring so we have never had any interaction with the Idlestop system in over a year since we installed IdleStopper. If this were an OTA (Over-The-Air) update we would have done it but we don't intend to go and waste an hour sitting in the dealer's showroom to do the update until we trade the car in for another Honda vehicle (possibly the 2025 Passport), that is, unless the dealer does the update of his own volition while we are there for routine maintenance.
Likely your dealer will perform the software update 23-008 at your next routine maintenance. When I was at the dealer for my first oil change recently, the service advisor mentioned the update and added it to the work order.

• Helpful
Reactions: JLH and fx_chip
81 - 86 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.